• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sun destroyed my roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun destroyed my roof

Hi friends,

the sun destroyed my roof (BMW 5er seriers, 2006, E60). Now I would like to fix it or I am gonna try to fix it

Enclose you will find a picture please.
    Now my questions:
    1. I read that there are certain kinds of wax or other kid sets which might fix my roof. Could you guys recommend something or does it not help anymore?

2. Or should I just polish it?

Thank you,
    Simon

Re: sun destroyed my roof

That is clear coat failure you are seeing on the roof.

Polishing it may help some sections, but the lighter sections you see are basically little to no clearcoat at all.

The only thing that will truly fix this issue is a respray.

Comment

I am going to have to agree.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank you guys for your quick response. What about this product: Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit?

Comment

The only fix is a repaint. Nothing is going to last on there. It might look ok for a few days but it will look bad once again.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

What I find interesting about the picture OP posted, if I was a betting man. I would say the car has been washed with a brush its whole life. Especially with how the wear is around the shark fin.
            simonoz
            , at a certain point, somethings are just too far gone to bring back and they need to be refinished. You are definitely to that point unfortunately.

Comment

thank u guys I...I guess u are all right. (y)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');