• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G2000 Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2000 Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration

I used this G2000 last November and it was easy to apply and lasted for many months.

I repeated the procedure today and I noticed something. With both headlights, it seemed that the headlights looked better with only one coat of spray. I followed the instructions and applied 2 coats after a few minutes and somehow the headlights looked better before the 2nd coat.

I also read from Amazon review that someone applied 3 coats and for him, the headlights were better before the 3rd coat. So, more coats are not better.....

My question is why the 2nd coat? More durable?

Also, it says the cure time is 24 hours, can I drive the car after 1-2 hours?

Re: G2000 Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration

My guess would be like wax, a second coat to ensure even coverage. That is of course just a guess as I haven't read the directions for that product, nor used it.

Comment

Re: G2000 Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration

It's a spray and for such a small surface, coverage should not be a problem.

As for wax, ever since I learned that the primary function of the 2nd coat was to ensure coverage, I stopped the 2nd coat altogether. My rationale is since I wax often, if I miss one part, I would cover it next time.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');