• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Wheel Brightner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Wheel Brightner

No wheel brightner avalible for purchase at Meguiars.com in the professional section ... When will the product be avalible. ?

I don't think it is going to be available online. From what I remember, I think meg's wanted to limit the possibility of an inexperienced detailer damaging their wheels with this product. Since there are multiple dilutions, it takes a pro with experience to know which is right and on what types of wheels it can be used on.

Comment

The fumes are not that good to breathe either..............Trust me on that one.
      r. b.

Comment

Well I have used plenty of wheel cleaners in the past from A2Z to a acid based wheel cleaner a friend gave me, who works at a dealer. I would love to give wheel cleaner a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0zen
          Well I have used plenty of wheel cleaners in the past from A2Z to a acid based wheel cleaner a friend gave me, who works at a dealer. I would love to give wheel cleaner a try.
          You'll have to purchase Wheel Brightener through a PBE store, it will not be made available through Meguairs.com
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, PBE ?

BTW, regarding wheel brightner is it diluteable ? Also how does it smell, death in a bottle or grapes ?

Comment

Bump, I orderd some, Im looking to forward to spray 4:1 and pressure wash to get rid of the horrible BMW brake dust and other junk from the wheel wells and such surrounding areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0zen
                BTW, regarding wheel brightner is it diluteable ? Also how does it smell, death in a bottle or grapes ?
                Seems like it has an acid smell to it, but I have to wear an N95 respirator to keep it from drying my throat out, so I'm not completely sure about the smell.
                r. b.

Comment

When ever I use a wheel cleaner that is acid based and what not, I just spray it and walk away then come back and rinse. I don't stick around and smell it so its fine, I spray it from far away to.

Comment

I had the same problem by just removing the cap!

This product has some serious fumes.

I wouldn't recommend a person with asthma to be around it.
                    Last edited by rusty bumper; Jun 12, 2005, 04:06 AM.
                    r. b.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have not had issues with the fumes as long as the wheels are cool/cold when you spray the product on to them. Otherwise, I love the product and use it all the time!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Maybe it's just a problem related to me......Maybe others won't experience what I experienced with the fumes.

The 1st time I opened the jug, the smell didn't overpower me at all, but I found my breathing a little tight, as well as a dry throat to match.

I called a Meguiar rep about it, and he said that it couldn't possibly be the WB that cause my problem, but he did offer to refund my money if I would send the gallon jug back to him.

I think I'll just keep it for now and use the mask when I clean wheels with it.

I like the product.......But not the fumes.
                        r. b.

Comment

We use gallons and gallons of wheel brightner. First off let me recommend you read the MSDS and the precautions on the bottle.

Before you use it start with the best wheel cleaner in the world, soap and water. We clean the wheels with soap and water first and only use wheel brightner if the first cleaning with soap and water doesn't bring satisfactory results. Most of the time sopay water is good enough.

Also, when we do use wheel brightner we mix it 10:1 and not 4:1. I rather apply cleaner twice (or three times) than to apply a to strong of a mix one time and damage or stain the rim.

Keep in mind that wheel brighner will stain concrete. We still use it if the vehicle is parked on concrete but we make sure to rinse the area around and under the tire thouroughly.

Wheel brighner is a good product if used correctly and safely.
                          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                            Also, when we do use wheel brightner we mix it 10:1 and not 4:1. I rather apply cleaner twice (or three times) than to apply a to strong of a mix one time and damage or stain the rim.

Wheel brighner is a good product if used correctly and safely.
                            Thanks Joe,

I never thought about changing the dilution ratio, but I guess it would be better than staining a wheel.
                            r. b.

Comment

Is the new Wheel brightner safer to humans then the old one ? The Osha safty sheet seems really harsh, but I also read the last touch osha safty sheet and they both say to wear a apron, gloves and eye protection and mask.... :|
                              Last edited by Fr0zen; Jun 17, 2005, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');