• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner *OMG Amazing before and after pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner *OMG Amazing before and after pics*

Here's my review...

I have to say I love this product. The results chronicled below are due to a great product rather than any great technique required.

No extractor used or required. Just followed the directions, spray and wipe. Hardly any dry time. I even used my PC and brush to speed the process and help get better results.

I did try my extractor later to remove any excess product. The interesting thing is residual product on the fabric doesn't foam up when agitated after removing with a terry towel. I used the extractor thinking the hot water and pressure would cause the residual product to foam and lift out. Nope.

Two negatives

1. Sprayer is not a great sprayer for even application. Something with a little more mist.
    2. One bottle seems to work for about one car. Of course depending on the condition of the car. This vehicle was in bad shape. So bad I tired to explain there are limit to what can be cleaned.

Even though one bottle per car seems a bit much the time saved almost makes it worth while to use. I did the work in half the time. That makes it well worth it to me. I did use APC and extractor for the floor mats.

Here's some more pics

Comments please.

Hey Scrub,

WOW!!!! The transformation to the interior is awesome!!! The seats and center console look like brand new!!! The owner must have been really happy!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Looks great! Very good improvement. I have used it many times and it is a good carpet cleaner!

I agree with your Two negatives
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks for the props, friends.

Yes both the new owner and previous owner were very thrilled with the results.

Comment

Remarkable turnaround!
          The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Good work on the interior. Thanks for the review.

Can this clener be used for headliners?
            Does this product contain optical brighteners?
            Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Could you explain a little more how you used your PC in the process of cleaning these seats?

Great Job! Interiors are where I need to get better in my detail>
              If it's worth doing; it worth doing right.
              I Corinthians 10:31 "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
                Good work on the interior. Thanks for the review.

Can this clener be used for headliners?
                Does this product contain optical brighteners?
                Thanks for digging this one up. It's a year old almost.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Been a while since I lasted posted. My internet service was done last week and we just had our 2nd daughter this week!

I have used the product on headliners with no problems. I did use a very light amount though.

I'm not sure of the optical brighteners.

Originally posted by capitolason2
                Could you explain a little more how you used your PC in the process of cleaning these seats?

Great Job! Interiors are where I need to get better in my detail>
                Here's what I use for interior cleaning.

They attach to the PC. It helps going from this...

To this...

using a hot water extractor, the PC with brush, and Meg's APC.

Interior work is nice because this type of work can be booked on bad weather days.

Anyways, I used the PC with brush to speed up the process a bit. The bottle's directions state to use a towel, but I need a bit more bite due to the heavy staining. I used the brushes to spread the product and break up the stains. Had I continued with using only the towels I would have used three times as many towels due to the staining. I then used the towels to lift the product and stains off the fabric's surface. This pretty much dried the fabric too.
                Last edited by scrub; Jun 24, 2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

WOW! That is a big change from before to after. I need to get some of that and try it out. I have been using "Tuff Stuff" cleaner for years, but the Meguiar's carpet cleaner really is amazing. Great work!!
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');