• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear coat safe rubbing or Ultimate compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear coat safe rubbing or Ultimate compound

Originally posted by rytec View Post
    Thanks a lot for this beautiful comment.
    You're welcome Yes, I'd get the liquid myself. Some waxes are packaged with extras, some aren't.

Originally posted by rytec View Post
    And should I also use next time Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish (A2116) before the gold class liquid wax?
    If you already have Ultimate Polish, just stick with that.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
      Well...not sure what you're worried about The car looks great.

You keep asking about polish and shine, though, and I can see what you mean in the pictures. The car's paint is a light blue-grey that blends into the sky, so it's going to take - you guessed it - polishing oils. I think, regardless of any compounding you may do, you should use a polish over the whole car like Ultimate Polish (Detailer D302 would be darker and wetter looking, and is yellow, not white), and also a polish-wax, like Ultimate Wax, or better yet, Gold Class. I think Ultimate will only re-enforce the silvery highlights, but if you try Gold Class it will darken the finish and make it, well, golden, especially after D302, but also after UP. Since Gold Class is loaded with the oils we've discussed, you should have an eye-popping, deep wet shine. My comment before was because of black paint that's already glossy, but your paint, while pretty of course, will need that extra polishing oil and darkening ability to make it pop.

So, I think it's an easy fix, or test. If you already have UP, all you need is an inexpensive bottle of Gold Class Carnauba Plus, but make sure you get some Gold Class Quik Wax as well so you can maintain it

Hi Top Gear,

Thanks again for your answers and tips.

Well, I bought a bottle of Gold Class Wax as you suggested after your post and also a bottle of Gold Class shampoo, but I didn't had the time yet to do a detailing on my car.
      But yesterday it was D-day ! I had some spare time and I started to first wash the car with that Gold Class shampoo, but then I was thinking this shampoo is not doing it's job yet because I haven't waxed it with GC yet. Normaly I was my car with the yellow shampoo.
      But OK, I already washed it so I continued then with drying the car and the to polish it with UP by hand, still haven't bought a machine yet.
      And the afterwards I waxed it with the Gold Class liquid wax.
      It's still difficult to see the difference but maybe it will be there after a few detailings and maybe I also should try this D302 next time instead of UP.
      Can I buy that D302 in the shop too where I buy the other Meg stuff here in Belgium?

See pictures of the result yesterday here :

Comment

Looks great! The shampoo is just meant to gently clean, which it will do nicely. Next time you wax, you might do the the polish step not once, but twice. Then do the wax step, which you can also do twice. That might make a difference in what you're trying to do. D302 will be similar, but yellow instead of white, so it might accentuate the gold look very well. Nice work
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');