• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC pad storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC pad storage

What's the best method for storing the PC pads? I keep them in open zip-locks all stored in a box together. My question mainly applies to how they never dry...is that okay? I usually wipe them off with a terry cloth because turning the PC on and cleaning with a toothbrush slings product all over. Should I set them out in a clean place, like my kitchen, to let them dry?

Thanks
    Dan
    "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

when i clean mine i set them in front of an open window over night and they are totally dry in the morning. if you dont let them dry, i would be concerned that they would get mold in them. especially if you store them in a dark place, like a tool box.
    Last edited by soonercivic; Jun 6, 2005, 07:55 AM.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Here at Meguiar's 'we store them in a closed cupboard, no plastic bag. The cupboard keeps them from getting dirty but also allows them to dry. At home I place my pads face up on a shelf in the garage and let them air dry. Before using always clean my pads on a rotary buffer using a nylon brush to remove any dried product and to insure no dirt or other contaminants have fallen on it.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I gave my G-100 its first workout on Saturday. I did my friends car with M-09 and M-07. The W-8006 that I used for the M-09 got really soaked. When I took the pad off the backing plate I saw that product had made its way through to the velcro. The W-9006 that I used for the M-07 wasn't nearly so bad.

Did I use too much product?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-T
          I gave my G-100 its first workout on Saturday. I did my friends car with M-09 and M-07. The W-8006 that I used for the M-09 got really soaked. When I took the pad off the backing plate I saw that product had made its way through to the Velcro. The W-9006 that I used for the M-07 wasn't nearly so bad.

Did I use too much product?
          Sounds like it...

Cut down on your product use. After applying some product to the pad, the first thing you want to do after placing the pad against the finish and turning it on, is to spread the product out over the area you're going to work, and then start working it in.

In the case of pure polishes and waxes, it doesn't take a lot of product because all you're really trying to do is to spread on a thin film.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Like Mike said it's best to use less product. But if your pad does get soaked you can hold it between microfiber towels and squeeze a lot of the oils out. The microfibers will absorb the oils, they dry fast, they hold up to oils and solvents and they're easy to wash.

PC.

Comment

I set my PC pads out to dry in the open inside my house (AC on, low humidity) and it takes them a couple of days to dry out. That is why I keep procrastinating on cleaning them.

I suppose I need to wring them out more, but I thought I did that before.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');