• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this cause Swirls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this cause Swirls?

Hello!

I recently got my black Nissan Rogue professionally detailed. It looks great, and all swirls are removed now. The paint is sealed (how long does that usually last?) Anyway, I was going to throw on some Megs NXT 2.0 or an AIO to keep it protected. Will applying this in a circular motion cause swirls? I always worry that applying wax in this type of fashion will harm the paint?

Thanks much!

Re: Will this cause Swirls?

Also, should you let scratch X 2.0 dry before removing? Also, I am assuming that the car's paint should be cool to the touch?

Comment

Re: Will this cause Swirls?

Originally posted by JMan136 View Post
      Hello!

I recently got my black Nissan Rogue professionally detailed. It looks great, and all swirls are removed now. The paint is sealed (how long does that usually last?) Anyway, I was going to throw on some Megs NXT 2.0 or an AIO to keep it protected. Will applying this in a circular motion cause swirls? I always worry that applying wax in this type of fashion will harm the paint?

Thanks much!
      It's personal preference to apply in circular motions or straight lines. You just want to be sure the applicator is clean.

See the following video for an idea on how to apply

Waxing your car regularly is a must when it comes to protecting your paint from the elements. If you are looking for a longer lasting, most advanced protect...

It's hard to say how long it will last. The surrounding environment plays a big factor in that. You could invest in some ultimate quik wax and use that as a drying aid or every other other wash. It acts as a wax/sealant booster. You can do this until you need to polish again or need a reapplication of protection. Did you get carnauba wax, a sealant or a coating?

Just be aware that an AIO cleans, polishes and protects. It will remove whatever was applied bu the professional detailer.

Originally posted by JMan136 View Post
      Also, should you let scratch X 2.0 dry before removing? Also, I am assuming that the car's paint should be cool to the touch?
      Do not let scratchx or any type of compound or polish dry on the paint. Apply, work it in and wipe off.

You are correct that the paint should be cool to the touch.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');