• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wet sanding orange peel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet sanding orange peel

hey guys, I have a 15 year old Octavia(VAG group) with medium paint (thats what I 've read). After watching AMMO's video with Derek Bemis, I bought a fender similar to the one of my car for some practice. This is what I am planning to do, I need your opinions.

step1. Although the video uses 1500 and then 2500, I discovered that I could remove orange peel with 2500 after some practice on it. Every time I do 3 strokes one way another three the opposite(like in the video) and then I just keep drying the area, check the marks, and off we go again.

step2. I then used Ultimate compound with DA and microfibre cutting disc, at 3.5 speed for no more than 40sec. on a 20cmx20cm area. Then wipe that off right away.

step3. I then used 205 in 3.5 speed with orange pad. Wiped that off without waiting also.

step4. At the end I used 21 sealant by hand.

The questions I have are:
    step1, is it ok that I only use 2500 grit? Or I have to use 1500 prior?

Step2, how long should I polish? Or, how long I should NOT exceed polishing? E.g., do no never exceed polishing more than 50sec without weting the cutting disc?

Step3, I have a softer white pad, should I use that instead?

Step4, after I wipe this off, can I use a wool pad for super finish? Is that the right moment to use it?

Any suggestions dos and donts are most welcome.

Thanks
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');