• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

I was at Walmart the other night and they had it on clearance for 9 bucks a can. I bought the only one left.

Comment

Originally posted by mengelhardt View Post
      I would not worry, you shouldn't have any problem at those temps for a few days. No worries mate!
      I hope so, I bought two cans for $9 each also. I put them in a padded lunch bag and also wrapped some towels around them to hopefully keep them slightly warmer.

I wonder why this product is on clearance at Walmart right now?
      2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I hope so, I bought two cans for $9 each also. I put them in a padded lunch bag and also wrapped some towels around them to hopefully keep them slightly warmer.

I wonder why this product is on clearance at Walmart right now?
        I know the stores around my area have had a lot of problems keeping them complete on the shelves. I've seen quite a few out of the packaging and/or missing the MF towel.

Comment

Is it being discontinued entirely or just not sold in Walmart anymore?
          2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            Is it being discontinued entirely or just not sold in Walmart anymore?
            I'm almost certain it's not being discontinued. It's temporarily out of stock on Amazon now too. I think everywhere just sold out recently once the price dropped everywhere.

Comment

Still available on this Meguiar's site: Here

I used it prior to going to the 2018 CARe SHOW on the 3rd of Feb.
              My El Camino is not a show car. It is a car that goes to Car Shows.

Previously, I veiwed a video review by MOL members Windows and Wheels, that showed that it has less attraction for dust than other detailing products.

So I tried it. The show was close to my home. I did not need to do the usual detailing after parking on the grass. I did not need to do the noon time touch up (other than removing a couple bee spots). It really did seem to shed dust!

Here is a link to their review.
              A product review of Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. We will be showing the water beading and sheeting from the first wash, the difference in dust repellency a...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                Still available on this Meguiar's site: Here

I used it prior to going to the 2018 CARe SHOW on the 3rd of Feb.
                My El Camino is not a show car. It is a car that goes to Car Shows.

Previously, I veiwed a video review by MOL members Windows and Wheels, that showed that it has less attraction for dust than other detailing products.

So I tried it. The show was close to my home. I did not need to do the usual detailing after parking on the grass. I did not need to do the noon time touch up (other than removing a couple bee spots). It really did seem to shed dust!

Here is a link to their review.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9QRx9MNCc
                Exactly what I first noticed as well, was the dust repellent properties. Awesome stuff!

Comment

Just purchased UFF and I read through all 22 pages of this thread! I have a question which has not yet been raised.

My car currently has a base coat of Meguiar's Deep Crystal M188 Coating. I am intending to put on Ultimate Paste or Liquid Wax, and top it off with UFF. Would that be considered an overkill in any way?

I am living in the tropics so weather here is pretty harsh. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by EyesWideShut View Post
                    Just purchased UFF and I read through all 22 pages of this thread! I have a question which has not yet been raised.

My car currently has a base coat of Meguiar's Deep Crystal M188 Coating. I am intending to put on Ultimate Paste or Liquid Wax, and top it off with UFF. Would that be considered an overkill in any way?

I am living in the tropics so weather here is pretty harsh. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks!!
                    Depends what you're going for and why you're doing it. If you're just going for maximum shine/gloss, then do a wax and no UFF. If you're going for maximum protection but are already happy with the gloss from the Deep Crystal base coat, then just go with UFF, as doing both is arguably overkill. If you thoroughly enjoy spending time on your car and want to do wax and UFF because it's enjoyable and makes you happy, then do both. You'll then get maximum gloss and protection w/o a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by EyesWideShut View Post

I believe Meguiar's sells a maintenance product for it. May want to consider that.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I know it's been asked about here, but has anyone actually applied Ultimate Liquid Wax on top of UFF instead of the recommended opposite? Curious of how it turned out. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, I did it early winter. Seems pretty good, I've only had one good wash mid-winter since, with Ult Quick Wax after.

Seemed to wash nice, felt reasonably slick for all the winter abuse... Still getting beading.

I think it feels slicker than it did in the fall with the UFF on the top, I thought that felt rough/grabby pretty quick.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have just done the following:

2 Layers of Meguiar's M188 Deep Crystal Coating
                            1 Layer of UFF
                            1 Layer of Optimum Wax (intend to put on Ultimate Liquid Wax in 2 weeks time)

So far so good - car is heavily protected and gloss is pretty good. I don't really see any issues.

Comment

UFF is LEGIT. I applied it a week ago and waterless washed/wiped it down yesterday. It rained a little today and this was the result.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

As usual, I
                                Last edited by Taco Cat; Feb 25, 2018, 12:51 PM. Reason: Error posting

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');