• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Thanks! With winter coming here in Ohio I'll probable go with the UQW for the longevity and maybe try the other when there won't be so much rain/snow/salt etc to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post

BTW, you don't have to 'work it in,' this is a WIPE ON, WIPE OFF sealant - no real effort needed. Oh, yeah - I don't believe that a COMPATIBLE quick detailer (Meguiar's QDs would be a safe bet) would hurt anything.

When I meant working it in, I just meant that I made sure I got every part of the paint so I went over it a few times to be sure, not that I was putting a lot of pressure on it. I love how easy this stuff is to use, it's not back breaking work at all
      2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

My can came today! Looking forward to trying it out but I can't get a dry 24 hours for the base coat of Black Wax to cure.

Comment

I found a dry window of opportunity just now so that I could apply a coat of UFF to my daily driver (2006 Civic coupe) My question is this, during the curing process, will it harm anything if the sun is shining on it? I know that it's best to keep it dry, but I'm wondering if the hot sun can cause a problem? (it's more of a hazy sun and it's only 65 degrees here, but I'm curious for future coats that I will do) It's supposed to rain here this afternoon so I'm at least hoping maybe the hazy sun might speed up the curing process a little bit so that by the time my car gets wet it will be ok.

I'm very impressed with how good my wife's dark blue BMW looks this morning, I put just one coat of UFF on it on Monday afternoon and she has driven the car in the rain this week but the car still looks relatively clean! So UFF definitely helps prevent a lot of the dirt from sticking to the finish. I see this stuff as being like a considerably easier and considerably less expensive alternative to ceramic coating! It was definitely worth the one hour drive for me to cross the border to Niagara Falls NY to pick it up
          2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

It's completely fine to have it in the sun. Also, if it does get wet before 24 hours is up, there is a difference between some rain (water) simply falling onto the paint and running off vs. rubbing a wash mitt over the surface. Basically, the rain itself won't affect the fresh wax as much as washing it would.

Comment

I'm sure I've read it in this thread but I can't remember... Does UFF need to cure for 12 - 24 hours before topping with Gold Class Quik Wax?

Comment

Originally posted by SLM View Post
                Does UFF need to cure for 12 - 24 hours
                Still recommended.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  Still recommended.
                  Thank you sir. I appreciate the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                    It's completely fine to have it in the sun. Also, if it does get wet before 24 hours is up, there is a difference between some rain (water) simply falling onto the paint and running off vs. rubbing a wash mitt over the surface. Basically, the rain itself won't affect the fresh wax as much as washing it would.
                    Thanks for the info! In the end, the sun didn't stay out for too long here, and it's just starting to lightly rain right now, so the car has stayed perfectly dry for over 6 hours so far and I don't need to drive it anywhere tonight so it's only going to get rained on, but not driven on dirty/rainy roads. The paint on this car isn't in good shape at all on the roof. Like most Civics of this era that have been neglected, the clear coat is badly peeling off, sad to say that I only polished and added a couple of coats of sealants one time, back in 2011 when I first bought the car used. But the rest of the paint still looks ok, and it's my bad weather car, so that's why I thought it could be a good test bed for UFF. I have to say that without any other prep work at all, just a wash and then straight to UFF, the paint does look noticeably shinier! More than ever now I'm convinced this is the product I'm going to use on my new 2018 Corvette when it arrives in a couple of months.
                    2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Is anyone using UQD with UFF? I see a lot of people mentioning using UQW in between coats of UFF but I don't recall anyone mentioning UQD. I figure the UQD has such good hydrophobic qualities that it would compliment UFF very well. And just to be 100% clear (I know I asked a similar question earlier), but if I want to put a second coat of UFF on my Corvette, but I've been using UQD to remove the dust, can I put UFF right over the car immediately after applying UQD or would it be best to remove the dust with UQD and then leave the car in the garage (so no extra dust gets on it) and then apply the UFF at least 12 to 24 hours later so the UQD has time to cure?
                      2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

^^ I would just use the UFF immediately after removing dust with UQD.

I wouldn't want any dust getting back on the car whilst in the garage and then rubbing that into the paint when applying UFF.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          ^^ I would just use the UFF immediately after removing dust with UQD.

I wouldn't want any dust getting back on the car whilst in the garage and then rubbing that into the paint when applying UFF.
                          I ended up waiting until the morning to do it just to let the UQD cure just in case, and there wasn't any dust on it so I was good to go. My bright blue paint looked even brighter after the second coat, this stuff continues to impress the heck out of me!
                          2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            I ended up waiting until the morning to do it just to let the UQD cure just in case, and there wasn't any dust on it so I was good to go. My bright blue paint looked even brighter after the second coat, this stuff continues to impress the heck out of me!
                            Here's my Camaro after 2 applications of UFF (~24 hours apart):

Don
                            12/27/2015
                            "Darth Camaro"
                            2013 Camaro ... triple black
                            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                              Here's my Camaro after 2 applications of UFF (~24 hours apart):
                              Your car looks great Don! I know you've been using this product for a while now, how are you finding the durability of it?
                              2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Your car looks great Don! I know you've been using this product for a while now, how are you finding the durability of it?
                                I really haven't given it a "durability" test, I apply it too often (too easy & too much fun). But now with bad weather approaching we'll get to see how it handles a NE Ohio winter.
                                Don
                                12/27/2015
                                "Darth Camaro"
                                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');