Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish - Page 26
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 161819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Prince of Insufficent Light Marc Hufnagel's Avatar

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Picked up 5 cans of FF at WW for 5.00 each. Just got a new Subaru Outback and plan on polishing it out this weekend. I know the FF won't last as longn as a ceramic coating and I hvae a dilemma. Obviously coatings are more finicky to apply and of course more expensive.

Would you put out say 60 for a coating and do it yourself and get 1-2 years or use the cheap cans of FF? I know it won't last as long but I would like some opinions here.

thank you.
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

In theory, an application of UFF should last 1 year, so with your 5 cans, you have about 30 years worth of protection!

Personally, I would just use the UFF you already purchased..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
    Picked up 5 cans of FF at WW for 5.00 each. Just got a new Subaru Outback and plan on polishing it out this weekend. I know the FF won't last as longn as a ceramic coating and I hvae a dilemma. Obviously coatings are more finicky to apply and of course more expensive.

Would you put out say 60 for a coating and do it yourself and get 1-2 years or use the cheap cans of FF? I know it won't last as long but I would like some opinions here.

thank you.
    It really depends on what your end goal is. If you want to try a coating then by all means go for it. They are not as difficult as one thinks.

I have gone the coating route and have not looked back.

Also coatings are not that expensive as there are so many online retailers that have sales.

UFF seems to be a nice product. I had it for 4 months and it was pretty good. Wasn't as hydrophobic as a coating but it was pretty good. It does do well with dust accumulation and keeping the car looking cleaner. In an ideal climate 1 year may be achievable but realistically 6 months would be pushing it. The benefit is it is easy to apply.

As far as a coating, a lot goes into the prep work. Some are turned off by that prep work. But then there are some that prep the surface the same as when applying a sealant. So it is not that much different.

One also has to understand the limitations of a coating and understand what to expect. A coating is not a miracle product.

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    In theory, an application of UFF should last 1 year, so with your 5 cans, you have about 30 years worth of protection!

Personally, I would just use the UFF you already purchased..
    Thank you for your thoughts. I'm thinking that's the way I want to go for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It really depends on what your end goal is. If you want to try a coating then by all means go for it. They are not as difficult as one thinks.

I have gone the coating route and have not looked back.

Also coatings are not that expensive as there are so many online retailers that have sales.

UFF seems to be a nice product. I had it for 4 months and it was pretty good. Wasn't as hydrophobic as a coating but it was pretty good. It does do well with dust accumulation and keeping the car looking cleaner. In an ideal climate 1 year may be achievable but realistically 6 months would be pushing it. The benefit is it is easy to apply.

As far as a coating, a lot goes into the prep work. Some are turned off by that prep work. But then there are some that prep the surface the same as when applying a sealant. So it is not that much different.

One also has to understand the limitations of a coating and understand what to expect. A coating is not a miracle product.
    Won't hurt to try I guess - I'm wondering if I decide to do a coating before winter; how easy/hard it would be to strip the UFF?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
    Won't hurt to try I guess - I'm wondering if I decide to do a coating before winter; how easy/hard it would be to strip the UFF?
    I would recommend at a minimum a polishing step before a coating. This way you remove any prior waxes or sealants but at the same time defects. You are essentially locking in the finish and if you are like me you want the paint to look to your satisfaction.

Registered Member

I know Megs suggests applying this over existing ULW but is this the best application for maximum shine and protection or applying after polishing and before ULW?

Registered Member

Reading about what you pay for Fast Finish in the USA makes me question Meguiar's motives for exorbitant prices in Australia.

Meguiar's rip us off here in Australia, Fast Finish is $49.99AU, most of the Meguiars product is 3 to 4 times more expensive in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbark View Post
    Reading about what you pay for Fast Finish in the USA makes me question Meguiar's motives for exorbitant prices in Australia.

Meguiar's rip us off here in Australia, Fast Finish is $49.99AU, most of the Meguiars product is 3 to 4 times more expensive in Oz.
    Same for Sweden. Everyone uses Mothers products here since they are half the price what you pay for meguiars

Quote Originally Posted by ironbark View Post

It's not really Meguiars' fault. Prices over here are determined by our importer/reseller MotorActive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 161819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread Information