• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct sequence and correct products [Expert opinion needed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct sequence and correct products [Expert opinion needed]

Dear All,
    I have a pearl white 660cc JDM 2006. Since from last year i bought this, no any detailing i have done yet. The paint is now too much dull, dirty, dry (non-smooth) , contaminants, swirls and scratches. I arranged below items and willing to buy more .

1. Chemical guys Mr Pink Shampoo ( didn't use yet )
    2. Formula 1 wash & wax ( i used this only for washing car )
    3. wash mitt (for washing car) , MicroFibre towel ( for drying after wash )
    4. meguiars liquid wax ( didn't use yet )

The question is about sequence & products.

Step#1. Wash ( shall i only use Chemical guys or also Formula 1, if both then which one first ? )
    Step#2. Claying ( which you recommend, meguiars clay kit or nanoskin autoscrub kit? ) consider only these 2 available and i will not use DA but only with hands.

Step#3. Compound ( shall i go for it or not. If yes then which one, Meguiars ULTIMATECOMPOUND or Meguiars CLEAR COATSAFE RUBBINGCOMPOUND).

Step#4. Removing Swirl (Meguir's swirlx or Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0 , as per my understandings if i chose scratchx then it's mean i don't need Step#3 , please correct me if i am wrong )

Step#5 Polishing ( Meguir's ultimate polish or CLEAR COAT SAFE POLISHING COMPOUND ? if i chose clear coat then again it's mean i don't need Step#3 , please correct me.

Step#6 Waxing ( I already have meguiars liquid wax )

Step#7 Maintaining (Here i am again confuse, what you guys do at the end ? as per meguir's site it is mentioned to apply quick detailer but i didn't get it that during claying we apply detailer then why at the end again ? )

Regards,
    Faisal.

Re: Correct sequence and correct products [Expert opinion needed]

First off welcome to MOL.

Originally posted by faisal_saleem View Post
    The question is about sequence & products.

Step#1. Wash [/B]( shall i only use Chemical guys or also Formula 1, if both then which one first ? )[B]
    Step#2. Claying ( which you recommend, meguiars clay kit or nanoskin autoscrub kit? ) consider only these 2 available and i will not use DA but only with hands.

Step#3. Compound ( shall i go for it or not. If yes then which one, Meguiars ULTIMATECOMPOUND or Meguiars CLEAR COATSAFE RUBBINGCOMPOUND).

Step#4. Removing Swirl (Meguir's swirlx or Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0 , as per my understandings if i chose scratchx then it's mean i don't need Step#3 , please correct me if i am wrong )

Step#5 Polishing ( Meguir's ultimate polish or CLEAR COAT SAFE POLISHING COMPOUND ? if i chose clear coat then again it's mean i don't need Step#3 , please correct me.

Step#6 Waxing ( I already have meguiars liquid wax )

Step#7 Maintaining (Here i am again confuse, what you guys do at the end ? as per meguir's site it is mentioned to apply quick detailer but i didn't get it that during claying we apply detailer then why at the end again ? )
    Will you be working by hand or machine?

I would recommend ultimate compound and ultimate polish to correct the paint.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      First off welcome to MOL.

Will you be working by hand or machine?

I would recommend ultimate compound and ultimate polish to correct the paint.
      Thanks, yes by hand. So you mean i should only buy ultimate compund, ultimate polish and swirlx ?

Comment

Thanks, yes by hand. So you mean i should only buy ultimate compund, ultimate polish and swirlx ?
        No need to buy swirlx. Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish is all you need.

Since you are going to do this by hand here is the typical sequnce

Wash - Use Mr. Pink. You don't want to use a wash & wax

Clay - This is completely up to you on which you want to use. Traditional clay or a clay alternative. Both have their pros and cons.

Compound - Ultimate Compound. You may not need to follow up with a polish. You will have to see how the paint looks after this step

Polish - Ultimate Polish. This will impart gloss and refine the finish.

Protection - Ultimate Wax

Maintenance - Car wash in addition to a spray wax like ultimate quik wax or D156 to boost and extend the performance of ultimate liquid wax
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Maintenance - Car wash in addition to a spray wax like ultimate quik wax or D156 to boost and extend the performance of ultimate liquid wax
          Would you please elaborate this^^. On the same detailing day, after liquid wax at the end again need to wash?

Comment

Would you please elaborate this^^. On the same detailing day, after liquid wax at the end again need to wash?
            Weekly car washes and using a spray wax as often as you like.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz , I'll follow your recommendations and will let you know the results .

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');