• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpro reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpro reload

Has anyone heard of carpro reload sealant? A local detailer uses this for his detailing company. How does this compare to meguires.

Re: Carpro reload

Plenty of people use it. Google it and you will get lots of info on it.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I use it pretty often.
      It can be a bit finicky to use. Less is definitely more with it. Unless you are using it as a drying aid, just spray it directly onto a towel and then spread and buff off with a dry towel. This will reduce streaking.

Streaking is my only real complaint about the product. It doesn't last too long, but it isn't really meant as a standalone sealant, more as a booster.

Comment

He is advertising it last 6 months? Just curious how it compares in protection then meguires

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
        I use it pretty often.
        It can be a bit finicky to use. Less is definitely more with it. Unless you are using it as a drying aid, just spray it directly onto a towel and then spread and buff off with a dry towel. This will reduce streaking.

Streaking is my only real complaint about the product. It doesn't last too long, but it isn't really meant as a standalone sealant, more as a booster.

Comment

Reload is a silica (SiO2) based sealant that is primarily used as a maintenance product that was designed to work with Car Pro coating's. Others have used it with other coatings as well.

Meguiar's sealants are not SiO2 based.

SiO2 is supposed to be more durable.

Is Reload going to last 6 months? Maybe and maybe not. It depends on the surrounding environment and how the paint was prepped.

Really an apples to oranges comparison between products.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Reload is a silica (SiO2) based sealant that is primarily used as a maintenance product that was designed to work with Car Pro coating's. Others have used it with other coatings as well.

Meguiar's sealants are not SiO2 based.

SiO2 is supposed to be more durable.

Is Reload going to last 6 months? Maybe and maybe not. It depends on the surrounding environment and how the paint was prepped.

Really an apples to oranges comparison between products.

He clay bars before applying the sealant.

What other coatings are out there? Pretty new to this product.
            Thumps up or down on the overall product. Got a new vehical so I want to get the best protection on before winter comes!

Thanks for the replys

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');