• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Meguiar's have anything to help prevent this kind of build-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Meguiar's have anything to help prevent this kind of build-up?

It seems to happen mainly around this time of year, and man do those leaves stick, I would have expected them to slide right off the paint with PP365 and all the D115 that's on there

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Does Meguiar's have anything to help prevent this kind of build-up?

I would recommend a smokey burnout, followed by a 100MPH run down the highway.

But I'd say it works better in a rental car though:

Comment

Lol
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I'll have to try the 100 mile-per-hour Sprint tomorrow going to work
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Yup A blast with a leaf blower might work, then UWWA as needed, if at all.
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Haha!

I have friend who owns a tree service! I service his personal, and service vehicles.... He owes me a favor

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
              Yup A blast with a leaf blower might work, then UWWA as needed, if at all.
              I'm not too sure about the leaf blower ... or even the fun of going 100 down the highway would be enough to do it, if you look close at the pic, you'll see that it's also raining, which has glued the leaves to the car
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Not to worry. When the rain stops it will dry and all the leaves will blow away.

Comment

Don, if the leaves are sticky (I've had the same problem at times with leaves and flowers, etc), a strong rinse with sprayed water is best of course, maybe a touch with a shampoo mitt in some areas, followed by the leaf blower, and then some QW. I've even done the rinse while it's raining during a lull, allowing the rain to then rinse away any potential water spots. Still, when things dry, some UWWA/QW will be great. Obviously, moving the car will reduce the buildup.
                  Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                  4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                  First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');