• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery Error

I tried posting pics to the gallery early this morning and this is what I got.......

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6144 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/meguiarsonline.com/httpdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 81 "

Is the Gallery down again?
    Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6144 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/meguiarsonline.com/httpdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 81 "

Is the Gallery down again?

Atclew,

I had the same problem last night, but I kept trying and was able to upload. Not sure if it is intermittent or what....

Comment

I haven't had a single problem uploading photos since Monday, but I'll pass this on to David Bynon. I don't ever pay any attention to file size, just photo dimension as the widest photo you want to use on a forum is 700 pixels and actually 500 and 600 pixel wide photos are the most user friendly while still sharing a story with the reader.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        I haven't had a single problem uploading photos since Monday, but I'll pass this on to David Bynon. I don't ever pay any attention to file size, just photo dimension as the widest photo you want to use on a forum is 700 pixels and actually 500 and 600 pixel wide photos are the most user friendly while still sharing a story with the reader.
        I'll use the Easy-Thumbnials program and have another go at it!
        Lew

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Okay, I'm frustrated now....

I tried resizing my pics down to 700x524, no change, it still gives me a black screen after I try. Before the crash on your site, I was able to submit them straight from my camera at a resolution of 2288x1712 and something at your site would resize them, it wasn't a problem. Now I can't upload anything no matter the size. I tried making them smaller at 700 x 524 and no luck. I'm not seeing the errors others are talking about, I just doesn't do anyhing.

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
            Any help?
            E-mail me the exact photo you're trying to upload and let me see if I can upload it.

Send to,

Mike Phillips
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I just uploaded this picture without any problems...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here it is at 700 pixels wide... this is 84.7 kilobytes large. I also uploaded a larger version of this same picture at 142 kilobytes with no problems?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
                  Okay, I'm frustrated now....

I tried resizing my pics down to 700x524, no change, it still gives me a black screen after I try. Before the crash on your site, I was able to submit them straight from my camera at a resolution of 2288x1712 and something at your site would resize them, it wasn't a problem. Now I can't upload anything no matter the size. I tried making them smaller at 700 x 524 and no luck. I'm not seeing the errors others are talking about, I just doesn't do anyhing.

Any help?
                  I have had to clear the "cookies" and "temporary internet" files to correct similar problems... Have you tried that?
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I tried to upload the full size photo of this old vacuum at 1.32 megabytes and it gave me an error. When I resized the photo to 500 pixels wide, it uploaded with out a glitch.

If you don't know how to crop out the meat of a photo, and then resize the photo to a forum friendly sizes, here are some tutorials that will show you how using free software if you don't own the software to do these things already.

How to put pictures into your posts

Tutorials on how to crop, resize, upload and insert your pictures into your messages

How-to Crop your photos before uploading them to your gallery

How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!

Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just a tip...

It's a good habit to never have spaces in file names. It reduces the potential for problems across multiple software programs.

For example, instead of using this protocol for a file name,

My best picture.JPG

Rename your photos to look like this,

mybestpicture.jpg

In all my work with photos, I just don’t have time for one software program to have a tizzy fit, so I keep spaces out of file names. Call me old fashioned, but I just don’t have the time for “potential” problems, (let alone real ones ). I know Microsoft and a lot of software programs have the ability to process spaces in file names, but why monkey with it?

I’m not saying this is a problem, but I don know some software programs don’t like spaces. I did just now upload a picture with spaces and our software automatically inserted lowercase dashes, my recommendation is for a best practice to incorporate into the way you work with photo files as a way of habit.

Just a tip...

Photo uploaded with spaces seems to work okay...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Perhaps someone that is having a problem uploading photos could "Log Out" of the forum and thus clear their cookies and then log back in and try again?

Also, when you're in the Photo Gallery, look to the upper right hand corner and look for a text link that says "Log in" or "Log out", if you're logged into the forum, you should automatically be logged into the gallery, if the text link says, "Log in", then it isn't recognizing you. Try the above suggestion.

(the text link should be to the right of where it says, Upload Photos
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I've tried all of the above suggestions, and most of what you said, is second nature to me as well. BUt alas, I am still getting the same message that I posted in the original message. I even went as far as to release my IP address and acquire a new IP address. I wanted to cover EVERY aspect I could think of.
                          Lew

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

I have forwarded all the information I have on the problem to the technician for this and he will be looking into it.

Everyone will have to hang tight until then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I tried the Easy Thumbnail and it still give's a error.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');