• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Video of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Video of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Hey guys and gals, I don't usually use an all in one type product but rather polish or compound and polish when I work on others vehicles.

I was in a in pinch and picked up the Mirror Bright Polishing Wax. It does contain SMAT abrasives and it's been stated that the cut level is between white wax and black wax but lasts much longer than both. White Wax having the most cut.

I was originally going to just do an AIO on my aunt's Lexus as she said the paint was in bad shape. I was not expecting it to have sever oxidation on the hood, roof and trunk. I was curious to see what MB polishing wax was capable of.

I transferred a little of the wax into one of the Meguiar's bottles with the self cleaning tip. Much better than the standard cap that is on the bottle of the wax. Allows one to control the amount coming out of the bottle with the self cleaning tip bottle.

I used a Meguiar's burgundy foam cutting disc on my Rupes LHR15 Mark 2. Used it at a speed of 4. Went over the hood a few passes to see how the polishing wax would do. Well check out the video of the results. This was my initial test spot. Unfortunately the paint was too hammered and I proceeded with compounding and polishing the areas that had oxidation and polished the areas that did not. The paint will be sealed with ultimate fast finish.

I was impressed with the combo of MB polishing wax on a cutting pad.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Quick Video of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Nice result and thanks for taking the time to make the video. Just curious, what year is the car?

Did she wonder if you traded her car in for a newer one?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      Nice result and thanks for taking the time to make the video. Just curious, what year is the car?

Did she wonder if you traded her car in for a newer one?
      It's a 2010 Lexus ES350. She lives close to the beach. She bought it used and her mouth dropped when I pulled it in to her driveway. She was blown away buy the end result. I'll pose a write up of what I ended up doing to the car as I ended up one step polishing the car instead of an all in one.

She said it didn't look this good when she bought it used.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

That's quite the difference. Would this be good for a car with light swirls? Also how does this compare to something like D151?

Comment

Originally posted by Jtepn87 View Post
          That's quite the difference. Would this be good for a car with light swirls?
          Yes. It's pad dependent with the SMAT abrasives within the product.

Originally posted by Jtepn87 View Post
          Also how does this compare to something like D151?
          Can't comment. I rarely use an AIO. Bought this in a pinch and did not end up using it.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');