• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haze on the inside or outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze on the inside or outside?

I restored some Honda Accord lights today. The drivers side light had been replaced from an accident and wasn't too bad, the passengers side was horrible. The owners had never seen the light. Using all Meguiar products with a rotary, when finished there was a haze and I can't tell if it is on the inside or out.
    Then I started sanding starting with 500 grit and working my way up to 3000 grit (meguiars sanding discs that ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE). Still have haze.
    I have known some lights to burn out when bumped hard and I'm wondering if when they had that accident, it blew out the bulb on the passenger side and created smoke inside the light? Having never seen the light before, the owners would have never known if it did or not.
    Does anyone have any ideas to share?

Re: Haze on the inside or outside?

How old is the Honda? And can you share a pic?

I've done plenty of lights that have a internal haze or weathering. After 10 years or so, especially if there is some type of gasket leak in that light, you will see damage done to the inside of the light.

Comment

Re: Haze on the inside or outside?

I wish I had a picture but I don't know if that would show up much. I think they said it was an 04 accord. I didn't see any damage inside but that could be hidden. The outside is clean and clear and to me it looks like smoke got inside and left an even residue.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');