• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ordered

Ahhh Finally the time has come again for me to order more detailing products. $111 dollars worth of Meguiar's Detailer line

Meguiar's Hyper Wash
    Meguiar's Hyper Dressing
    Meguiar's Wheel Brightener
    Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner

Meguiar's Detailer matching spray bottles and sprayers for the products above. I also got my self a last touch bottle and sprayer, because I can't find the old detailer line products any where.

I will post pictures, when I get the products and also some reviews.

Thanks Meguiar's online... I will let you in on a little secret he he. 2hotford and WAC inspired me to go the extra mile and get more detailer line products.

I still have the old detailer line products left

Finial Detail (*not for sale*)
    APC+ (1/4 full)
    Leather Cleaner & Conditioner about 98% full
    Engine Kote (1/2 full)

I'm willing to sell the follow gallons if anyone wants, them. Give me a price.

Thanks, Fr0zen
    aka Ferrarislave
    Official www.exotiXboard.com detailing guru

Re: Just Ordered

Originally posted by Fr0zen
    Thanks Meguiar's online... I will let you in on a little secret he he. 2hotford and WAC inspired me to go the extra mile and get more detailer line products.
    We're sure you'll enjoy the results these products will produce and Two Thumbs Up! to Tim aka 2hotford and Pairoj Ateerat aka WAC. These two people are stellar examples of forum members with a passion for perfection and dedicated to the art of polishing paint!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Got my products, Im very happy

I love the pumps that came with hyper dressing and hyper wash. Wheel brightner is pretty extreme, I doubt I will have a 100% use for it. But, its always good for those really bad wheels you haven't washed all winter. I read the safty sheet, it looks very dangerous, but then again said to use same percautions as Last Touch. I will buy some eye protection, I have Chemical resistant gloves. I thought it smelled like grapes ? smells like death in a bottle.

Anyway, Im really happy with my order. The new detailer line bottles are perfect for dilution ratios.

I will post a picture of my complete detailing shelf when I finish cleaning it up. I have 8 gallons of Meguiars Detailer line products now.

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, APC+, Engine Kote, Finial Detail, Hyper Wash, Hyper Dressing, Wheel brightner, All purpose cleaner (green)
      Last edited by Fr0zen; Jun 14, 2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to your report FrOzen.

The WB vapors bother you any?
        r. b.

Comment

It did, very acid like smell. Good thing it contains no Hydroflouric acids, I will get some eye protection, I should be good then. I expected a "Cherry" smell, I will have a chance to test out some of the products this weekend.

This thread made me purchase Wheel Brightner.

Last edited by Fr0zen; Jun 14, 2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks,

That was a great thread too!
            r. b.

Comment

Why are you contemplating purchasing WB or you already use it your self, and just wanted to know what I thought ?

Comment

Why are you contemplating purchasing WB or you already use it your self, and just wanted to know what I thought ?
                I have the old WB that was replaced by what you just bought, and I had some problems breathing the fumes without a mask.

The newer Detailer products are supposed to be VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) compliant according to the EPA.......I thought the newer WB might not be quite as bad (Healthwise) as the old.
                r. b.

Comment

Ahh I see, does that mean that they are more safe ? I will mix it 4:1 tommorow I will wear eye protection and rubber chemical resistant gloves. I really look like a fool washing my car looks like im working at a nuclear power plant cleaning my wheels, oh well my neighbors think Im crazy already.

Comment

Ahh I see, does that mean that they are more safe ?
                    I would certainly think so, but it's still an acid base cleaner, so I would wear the glasses if nothing else.

I don't wear gloves with the old, but maybe I should.

I used to work with a Hydrochloric-Sulfuric acid combo years ago when I soldered metal parts together.....I burned my arms with it one time, but not severely. I'm sure WB is no where near that strong.
                    r. b.

Comment

Hey FrOzen,

You will love the products you have purchased!!

As for the WB, it does smell like grapes to me. I have not had any issues with using the WB, but if you want, you could mix up a batch at 10:1 until you get used to using it before moving on to the suggested 4:1. I use it at 4:1 and rinse the sprayer with water after using the product. Again, use only on cool wheels. Make no mistake, it is a Professional product that works incredibly well! I have not used anything better!!!!!!!

Enjoy the new products!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

My WB sprayer head quit on me recently.......Anybody else had that problem?
                        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                          Hey FrOzen,

You will love the products you have purchased!!

As for the WB, it does smell like grapes to me. I have not had any issues with using the WB, but if you want, you could mix up a batch at 10:1 until you get used to using it before moving on to the suggested 4:1. I use it at 4:1 and rinse the sprayer with water after using the product. Again, use only on cool wheels. Make no mistake, it is a Professional product that works incredibly well! I have not used anything better!!!!!!!

Enjoy the new products!

Tim
                          What kind of protection do you use besides gloves ?

As for the sprayer heads quiting, I have a chemical resistant sprayer quit on me on a black opal 32oz bottle before, thats about it.

Comment

My sprayer head was supposed to be chemical resistant, but it came from Wal-Mart, so it may not be up to snuff if you know what I mean.

I'm going to the local janatorial supply store and see if they have anything of better quality there.

Might be a good idea to rinse the WB sprayer head as Tim mentioned, as it should prolong the life of it.
                            r. b.

Comment

What kind of protection do you use besides gloves ?

As for the sprayer heads quiting, I have a chemical resistant sprayer quit on me on a black opal 32oz bottle before, thats about it.
                              Gloves...ah....they were very thin, almost invisible gloves I was wearing in the WB thread!

Truth be told, I should have been wearing gloves to be safe. I do not use a mask as I wash outside. But if you wash in a more confined area, you should probably wear a mask. But again, I have never had issues with fumes except when I applied it to a set of hot wheels. Otherwise, no problems. But as Rusty Bumper suggests, if a person is sensitive to chemicals, taking precautions is a good idea!

After using the WB, always rinse the spray head by spraying fresh water through it. This will protect the spray head from damage.

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');