2017 f250
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2017 f250

          
  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port St Lucie FL
    Posts
    1,238
    Rep Power
    30

    2017 f250

    Hi, it's been a while. Today was just a quick wash to get the North Carolina bugs of my Florida Truck... Used two bucket with Meguiar's GC car wash.




  2. #2
    Registered Member roushstage2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Real NorCal
    Posts
    4,116
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: 2017 f250

    Looks good!


  3. #3
    Registered Member Lydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: 2017 f250

    Looks very nice! That's a lot of real estate to wash!
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

    1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

  4. #4
    Product & Training Specialist Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,039
    Rep Power
    102

    Re: 2017 f250

    Nice work & very nice truck! I believe the styling on these new 2017 heavy duty trucks will be timeless. I really like the design on the 2016/17/18 Ford Explorer's also.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port St Lucie FL
    Posts
    1,238
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: 2017 f250

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Nice work & very nice truck! I believe the styling on these new 2017 heavy duty trucks will be timeless. I really like the design on the 2016/17/18 Ford Explorer's also.
    I agree on both counts. I see your a rep for meguiars... I have the old DA polisher from porter cable, with the old 2005 backer plate and larger pads. How can I get my polisher back in service with pads now that they are discontinued. I have mf bonnets that fit the old pads so I want to keep that size.

  6. #6
    Product & Training Specialist Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,039
    Rep Power
    102

    Re: 2017 f250

    Quote Originally Posted by scrub View Post
    I agree on both counts. I see your a rep for meguiars... I have the old DA polisher from porter cable, with the old 2005 backer plate and larger pads. How can I get my polisher back in service with pads now that they are discontinued. I have mf bonnets that fit the old pads so I want to keep that size.
    You would either have to switch to our new Soft Buff DA Foam Discs & Backing Plates or go to a different pad manufacturer which still makes the size & style you prefer. The above link is the current & only pads we make for DA polishers. Unless one were to run our G3507,G3508,&G3509 4 Inch Foam Pads on a small 3 inch backing plate on their DA Polisher.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  7. #7
    Registered Member Lydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: 2017 f250

    I've got the older Porter Cable (AKA G100) and upgraded to the new discs relatively recently out of necessity. I find them to be much better to work with than the older pads. If you still have any old pads that you can use for the MF bonnet, you could keep those for that and get the new discs for actual buffing. I've got one old maroon pad that was good that I kept with that in mind, but I very rarely use it - I much prefer to remove product by hand.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

    1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port St Lucie FL
    Posts
    1,238
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: 2017 f250

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I've got the older Porter Cable (AKA G100) and upgraded to the new discs relatively recently out of necessity. I find them to be much better to work with than the older pads. If you still have any old pads that you can use for the MF bonnet, you could keep those for that and get the new discs for actual buffing. I've got one old maroon pad that was good that I kept with that in mind, but I very rarely use it - I much prefer to remove product by hand.
    Sounds good to me. I mostly wanted to use it for product removal, my paint working days are well behind me. Maybe not though

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Detailing Class Schedule will be posted early January 2017
    By Nick Winn in forum Company & Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 13th, 2016, 03:05 PM
  2. Detail: F250
    By DRT BRD in forum Show Off Your Latest Detail Work
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM
  3. 2007 Z06 and F250
    By DRT BRD in forum Show Off Your Latest Detail Work
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM
  4. 2 Q's about detailing F250
    By audioguy99 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM
  5. F250 - The King of Tar
    By PorscheGuy997 in forum Extreme Makeover Before & After Pictures
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •