• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazy finish after M201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazy finish after M201

After reading a ton about the use of Meguiars M101 and M201, I still can't figure out why I can't get a good shine with M201.
    my objective is to compound and polish after painting with Kirker Ultra-Glo Single Stage. After working a small area once and then several times using the (pad prime => three pea-sized drops of M201 => cross-hatch with rotary polisher and white pad at 1000-1500 rpm) technique, I get a nice, uniform, cloudy finish. I'm simplifying by leaving M101 out of the discussion, because the same thing happens regardless of whether I precede the 201 with the 101, as I found on different test panels. I think that the attached photo illustrates pretty well. It shows a non-polished panel on the bottom with good gloss, and a polished panel on the top that is hazy/cloudy. I have wetted a small area of the polished panel to show that the gloss returns when wetted to appear similar to the gloss of the non-polished panel. Again, this is single stage; no clear coat.

Re: Hazy finish after M201

Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach the image file; the option seems to be disabled.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');