• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to know which pads to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to know which pads to use

Hi. I'm trying to remove terrible hard water stains from my glass and paint. Glass first. I have some meguiars water spot remover and plan to use some with my 1st gen Megs DA. What pads should I use? Does it matter? Part numbers/colors help. Thanks!!
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: I need to know which pads to use

Use the least aggressive first & do a test spot. I'd try a blue or green polishing pad, don't think a black finishing would do anything. Read the directions on the spot remover bottle too, but you already know that. I think Mike Phillips on the other forum has a thread on this problem somewhere.

Comment

Forgot to say you'll use clay first, right?

Comment

Yes on the paint I'll clay first.

Comment

What brand and type of pads do you have?

Comment

I just have the Meguires yellow polishing pad .

Comment

The yellow pad will work fine. Just don't keep the machine running on the same area of glass for an extended period of time or you could possibly destort it from the heat of the pad

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                Yes on the paint I'll clay first.

Clay the glass too. When you finish the largest sections of glass with the polisher, it's handy to have something like Bar Keepers Friend to work out the spots in tough to reach corners. #0000 steel wool will also work (rinse thoroughly afterward).

For more extremely hard water spots, I've used Meg's #105 with a purple wool pad on my Flex. I don't think you'll have to worry about going overboard with your DA.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');