• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor mats

I hope this isn't too far off the subject but I assume detailers deal with floor mats all the time. My question is, does anyone make a excellent quality floor mat? Seems like OEM mats start to show wear
    (especially in the heel area) within about six months or less.

Thanks.

Re: Floor mats

I don't know of a particular aftermarket brand, but here is a tip I have to keep my OEMs new. I take them out, and replace them with some cheap generic mat from the auto store. If I am going to some social event, I put my nice plush OEMs back in. Mine are quite nice, with the model stitched in the mat in white thread, so I don't want to get them dirty or worn.

Comment

WeatherTech products provide complete automotive interior carpet protection from mud, dirt, snow and more. Order Floor Liners, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors and other accessories for your vehicle today.

I hear they are good but pricey.

I currently just buy the cheap mats ($15-20) from Walmart...they last a couple yrs and has saved my OEM G35 & Impreza mats looking new
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try and see if I end up too lazy to switch them out.

Comment

Here's a tip for cleaning the all weather type, especially weather tech (with its touch corners and fought texture). I use foam pad cleaner and a regular soft bristle brush. It foams up nicely and I use rags to wipe up instead of water. Water tends to mess with the particle suspension. I follow up with copious amounts of meg's natural shine protectant.

Comment

I power hose my factory mats and dry them in a drum , they still look like new to me. They're just nylon and plastics , which lasts almost forever.

If it's a family car, tell your wife that driving in high heels is against the law and potentially dangerous.

Comment

Wal-Mart type floormats drive me crazy trying to vacuum
              A lot of car manufacturers are even starting to "go cheap" with their carpeting I notice

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');