• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My What Am I Doing Wrong Thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My What Am I Doing Wrong Thread.....

Hey All, after reading all the rave reviews on Meg's APC, I bought a gallon. I'm sure I did something wrong so any advice would be appreciated.

I brushed these floor mats, vacuumed, scrubbed in all directions, hosed them off with a strong stream of water, and then hung them dry over a fence (the middle of the mats were straddling the fence). Wasn't sure which ratio was best so I used both from all the research I've done. These actually look worse than before I tried cleaning. haha

Should I have vacuumed or wiped up the excess water before hanging dry?

Re: My What Am I Doing Wrong Thread.....

APC only does so much. It looks like there might be some staining, which is beyond what APC will "for sure" take care of. Have you tried cleaning them a second time?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I did try one of them a second time with better success. Instead of rinsing off mat after scrubbing, I was wiping it up with a towel. Looks a lot better but can't help but think I'm just spreading whatever dirt is left by the towel. I'm looking into a small Bissell portable cleaner to **** up water and will do them again some other time.

Thanks again.

Comment

The other option instead of buying a machine is to use a dedicated rug cleaning product like Spot Shot in a can (Walmart probably has it). I've found that stuff will take care of most any nasties in carpets; might be worth spending a few bucks first before getting a machine.

Comment

Give Folex a try.

The stuff is available almost everywhere and isn't pricey. Also it's nice to have around the house for whatever ya get on the 'carpet'.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');