• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D115 Ratios for a Rinseless Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D115 Ratios for a Rinseless Wash

I know when this product came out, it was originally recommended to use this product at a 1:4 ratio. I have watched the video Meguiars did with Mike Philips from Autogeek. Since D114 is discontinued, I would like to use D115 as my rinseless, but frankly it is not really feasible to use an entire gallon of product especially at the price point. While the advantages of the added polymer is nice, what would be an acceptable ratio where cleaning and not marring are more important, but still adding to the protection on the paint. Afterall, I want my cake, and to eat it too...

Re: D115 Ratios for a Rinseless Wash

Hey Kris, how are you doing? Hope you're doing well.

Seems like Michael Stoops is recommending to use between 1:4 to 1:8 for rinseless wash if you want maximum gloss and protection. Here's a quote of his statement:

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    As a rinseless wash, the same 8:1 to 4:1 range is going to be recommended. This is to ensure getting the maximum out of the product - by which we mean not just maximum safe cleaning but also maximum gloss and protection. We generally don't think of a wash & wax product as being a true wax application but more just a bit of a wax boost. With D115 the protection left behind is noticeable and surprisingly durable. It's a synthetic polymer blend, and as such we actually do not recommend that you wash with this product if you intend to follow the wash with any sort of paint correction. The polymers in D115 are slick enough, and durable enough, to impede machine polishing. Just as you would not want to apply D156/UQW just before paint correction, neither do you want to apply D115. We've even seen an impediment to damp sanding following a fresh application of a durable polymer such as is found in the above mentioned products. Our competitors aren't making those sort of claims for the level of protection and gloss afforded by their similar rinseless/waterless products.
    I personally haven't and won't use D115 as a rinseless wash. It's just expensive to do that because of the relative dilution ratio. I love D115 as a waterless wash though. If I want to use a rinseless wash, I'd use a product that has a 1:256 dilution ratio and just use D156/UQW after for added protection.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Looks like you can use up to 1:20 for rinseless washing (same dilution ratios as waterless):

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
      But you want to use D115 as a rinseless wash, not a waterless wash. OK, fine. Either way you choose you can still take that dilution ratio as far as 20:1 but you will lose some gloss and slickness, no doubt about it. And it's the gloss and slickness that really sets this product apart from the competition. As a waterless wash in a hand pump sprayer it's just amazing stuff. You might think I'm biased since I work for Meguiar's, but I can tell you in all honesty that the more I use this at 4:1 as a waterless wash the more I'm impressed by it. And I'm not easily impressed anymore since I get to play with anything and everything under the sun.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I still find it a pity that the D114 was discontinued.
        Apparently there is nth in Meguiars line that can compete with ONR -
        from the popular Meguiars Detailer line product or Ultimate?
        Dennis
        Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

I was out of the detailing loop for a little bit and was puzzled when I couldnt order more d114 as I only have about 32oz left. I've been using it recently to wash the family fleet and it really is great stuff. Still a shame d115 wasnt more economical for a rinseless.

Comment

Agreed on the D114 being discontinued, so many uses for it.

Comment

also agree on D114 being discontinued. So much so that I went out and purchased ONR because of the similar characteristics. I would go back to D114 if Meg's brought it back!!!!!!!

Comment

For all those that miss D114 check out McKee's 37 N914. Very similar to D114 if not better than D114.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');