• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which products in the pro line is equal the "Deep Crystal System" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which products in the pro line is equal the "Deep Crystal System" ?

Which one would be Step 1/2/3 in the pro line.

Thanks
    http://home.comcast.net/~american_ni...ed-23copy2.jpg

you might get some different answers but I would say
    #9 or#82 swirl remover as a replacement of step 1
    #7 or #81 polish as a replacement to step 2
    #16 or #26 or nxt wax as a replacement to step 3
    do you intend to apply these by hand or machine? that will factor into the answer alittle. hope this helps.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks 2000,that will be done with a PC.

Comment

you should have no problem. good luck!
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by Webb
          Which one would be Step 1/2/3 in the pro line.

Thanks

Hi Webb,

The Deep Crystal System is a system of dedicated products for dedicated procedures.

After washing, you have,

Step 1 - Clean the paint using a dedicated paint cleaner, Step 1 Cleaner
          Step 2 - Polish the paint using a dedicated pure polish, (non-abrasive), Step 2 Polish
          Step 3 - Protect the paint using a dedicated pure wax, (no cleaners), Step 3 Protect

If you want to move over to using products from the Professional line, that perform the same procedures outlined above, then I need to know how you’re going to apply them.

By hand,

Step 1 - Clean the paint using a dedicated paint cleaner, Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Step 2 – Polish the paint using a dedicated pure polish, either M-07 Show Car Glaze, or M-81 Hand Polish

Step 3 – Protect the paint using a dedicated pure wax, like M-26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, or M-16 Professional Paste Wax

If you want to do it using a PC

As far as dedicated paint cleaners go in the professional line, you have a number of options,

* Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner
          * M-02 Fine Cut Cleaner
          * M-01 Medium Cut Cleaner
          * M-04 Heavy Cut Cleaner
          * M-84 Compound Power Cleaner
          * M-85 Diamond Cut Compound

Of these, the MPPC is safe to use with a PC.

While not a dedicated paint cleaner, Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish, is excellent at cleaning paint, (removing defects), and then breaking down into a polish and polishing the surface to a high gloss.

After this, you can, if you want, perform an extra step of applying a pure polish like the M-81 Hand Polish using the PC and then applying a wax.

Again, if you want to stick with a pure wax in the Professional Line, then you’ll want to go with either M-26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, or M-16 Professional Paste wax. The liquid version of M-26 will be easy to apply using the PC, but the paste version can be applied using the PC, you just have to be a little more inventive as to how to get the wax onto the foam pad.

Just one more note, while the above products in the Professional Line are similar replacement for the Deep Crystal products in the Consumer Line, they are not the same formula’s.

Hope this helps…

Mike

p.s.

2000 actually did a pretty good job of answer your question, Autopia
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Bro

Another question,consumer line/pro line will make any difference on a new ( 2000 clear coated ) Car.
            Last edited by Webb; Apr 12, 2004, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb
              Thanks Bro

Another question,consumer line/pro line will make any difference on a new ( 2000 clear coated ) Car.
              IMO, you will get more cleaning power with the pro line, as well as more gloss.
              r. b.

Comment

hey guys,
                obviously Mike has the right answer, but it riased a little question in my head. is it wrong to view #9, #82, #84, mppc ect, as all really a cleaner? I mean is a cleaner just a polish with out the oils (or at least less oil than a pure polish), its just that some are more agressive than others, right? or is a cleaner really some thing completly different? polish is only for gloss and that would make #81 or #7 as the only "real polish" that we use. just trying to educate myself.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Sorry my stupidity but..

Can I use these with a PC ? Or only by hand.

Step 1 - Clean the paint using a dedicated paint cleaner, Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Step 2 – Polish the paint using a dedicated pure polish, either M-07 Show Car Glaze, or M-81 Hand Polish

Step 3 – Protect the paint using a dedicated pure wax, like M-26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, or M-16 Professional Paste Wax

Comment

yes all those can be applied with a pc. the great thing about a pc is it dublicates a hand motion without the work. you should be able to apply anything with a pc on the proper speed (not that you would want to use some thing to aggressive with a pc, for that you'd want to set up to a rotery.). now a rotery would be different story.

p.s. what stupidity?......you should see some of my questions
                    Last edited by 2000; Apr 13, 2004, 03:32 PM.
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

What about using # 80 Speed Glaze as a cleaner? I rarely read any posts on this product.
                      2003 Mach 1
                      Azure Blue
                      5 speed/IUP
                      2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                      KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by MattN03
                        What about using # 80 Speed Glaze as a cleaner? I rarely read any posts on this product.
                        ask and you shall recieve.
                        check this link.
                        http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=543
                        2019 GMC Sierra
                        1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');