• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ULW/UWWW(A)/Clay Kit/ETG/GC tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULW/UWWW(A)/Clay Kit/ETG/GC tips?

Ok so, somewhat new to the forums. Purchased a few things to make new car look amazing. Still snooping around the forums. Came here to give my two cents of what I've used so far-

1- Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax (Anywhere)

THE SMELL IS AMAZING! The moment I primed the sprayer, an amazing berry smell traveled up my nostrils. I wanted to drink it. Anyways, it is solid. It does what it's meant to be used for. I got about 3 washes out of a bottle including cleaning wheels. It's somewhat slippery to the touch (more than water alone). The wax protection seems to last about a week or so. Bought a second bottle before I moved to rinselss washing. I now use it to clean door jambs and wheels are those are the areas I don't wax. I kill two birds with one stone, cleaning jambs and leaving protection on them. It's doesn't stain or leave streaks and, just as stated, it goes well on glass, etc. on days before it rains, I give a MF a quick spray and wipe down windshield for extra water repellency.

2- Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

Being the first time I have used clay (and even gotten so obsessed about car cleaning), I was surprised at how easy it was to do, and amazed at what the paint felt like after. The quick detailer also smelled amazing. I did over use it however, heavily spraying panels down more than what I should have. Atleast for me (in my experience and usage) you don't need as much product as I've seen people use in videos. I did not see any marring or whatnot as well (just as evidence that you don't need to over saturate panel). Anyways, onto its actual performance. I think is a great way for beginning detailers or anyone really to get a clean car. It's so simple to do and lots of dirt is picked up from the car. It's so easy that you can do it frequently with ease (unfortunately as it is in my case. I have assigned parking almost under a tree and very quite often so I clay to remove stuff that didn't come off washing such as heavy pollen).

3- Ultimate Liquid Wax

Again... THE SMELL IS AMAZING! It's fruity and reminds me of...bubblegum/peach toothpaste? Idk, but it's good. I'd drink a bottle if I could. Right off the bat, it's application is very easy. A few dabs of it on the provided pad can cover a decent area and it's spreads like a thick-ish butter. It's smooth and creamy sort off. I haven't done a full durability test and I rewarded a few days ago (first wax was in march) but I will say (from what my car goes through) that the paint remains slick for about 2 months, being parked 24/7, under a tree, and getting bombarded by pollen with occasional rain. Car lost its slickness (atleast to my feel) about a month ago. However the car still beaded And sheeted water as if it was waxed a week ago. The paint (Aegean Blue) was slightly darkened by it, and the paint just popped under the sun.

4-ish? Endurance tire gel.

Just bought it. Haven't used it yet, but I just have to say...I'll drink a bottle. Jeezus, the smell! A nice soft/mild grape soda smell. I got a little on my finger to feel it and I have no doubts it'll last weeks as claimed. While in the bottle it looks very runny, on my fingers, it felt somewhat like Vaseline/petroleum jelly. It was very sticky and took quite a bit of passes on a towel to get it off, so I know it will withstand against rain and whatnot.

Gold Class suggestions/tips?

I'm planning on buying Gold Class Carnauba Paste wax to use as a topper for ULW. Gonna use it as a beauty weekly wax (24/7 parked outside so a second layer of protection is nice+ shiny!). Anyone have any experience with topping it to give me any tips or advise? Supposedly it has very light cleaners (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Plus-Wax/page2 scroll down) but just barely. Could it affect ULW durability? Or will it only tickle it? I know it'll be bang for the buck, but just gotta be sure. Also anyone notice any difference in shine applying it over ULW as opposed to UW alone?

Re: ULW/UWWW(A)/Clay Kit/ETG/GC tips?

Have you considered just maintaining with ultimate quik wax instead.

You can top to your hearts contnet if you like.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Have you considered just maintaining with ultimate quik wax instead.

You can top to your hearts contnet if you like.
      I like having something to work with plus GC outlasts UQW (I hope it does). And I want a carnauba wax.

Comment

Depends on how UQW is used. As a drying aid it won't last long. As a stand alone it can out last a carnauba wax. Give M26 a shot if you are looking for a carnauba wax. I tend to think it gives a better look over GC.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, for a fast wash and then touch up, UQW is hard to beat.

Waxing regularly with either one wouldnt be bad though. You would need a cleaner/wax or cleaner/polish, etc to really remove wax.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Yeah, for a fast wash and then touch up, UQW is hard to beat.

Waxing regularly with either one wouldnt be bad though. You would need a cleaner/wax or cleaner/polish, etc to really remove wax.
            Hmm.... I don't think it'll satisfy my crave of being around/working on car. Paste gives me something to work with, applying it, feeling paint, removing, admiring.... I have issues...So in in terms of wax removal, GC shouldn't affect ULW. I'll go for it!

Comment

You're not married , are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by sunday joe View Post
                You're not married , are you ?
                Haha...no. Last year of high school. Still have a long way to go. I do drive my mother crazy however.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  Depends on how UQW is used. As a drying aid it won't last long. As a stand alone it can out last a carnauba wax. Give M26 a shot if you are looking for a carnauba wax. I tend to think it gives a better look over GC.
                  Is there some type of trick to using these quick wax products as a drying aid? I swear I've seen a few videos of it being done and the people doing it just spritz it and wipe, and the water is gone. Larry Kosilla even has a video where he just rinsed his car off, didn't do the flood style rinse, and it worked perfectly for him.

Whenever I try to do something of this nature I just don't really get the drying effect I'm looking for, either with a waffle weave (I really don't like waffle weave towels), a regular dual nap MF towel, or a plushier one (500gsm.) the water just doesn't quite get wicked up enough, and I end up needing to go back over the paint with a dry towel to finish it off.

Comment

Sheet rinse the surface. Come back with UQW and mist it onto the surface. Dry with one towel. Follow up with another for alight buff.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');