• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's thoughts

I found this intresting wax test and thought I would share it with you all. I think it would be great to here Meguiar's thoughts and comments.

Meguiar's still is the BEST!

Hi horseplay01,

This test stirred up a lot of opinions and controversy. I have seen the link to this test on just about every forum I have visited at one time or another. In the long run, it's always going to come down to you, your eyes and your personel preferences.

It would be interesting to see this person re-do the test using NXT Tech Wax.

What’s really nice about Tech Wax is that it’s soon to be available at your local auto parts store, at an excellent price and it doesn’t’ require any secret additives, or long periods of time to dry. It can be applied over any of Meguiar’s polishes so there is no need to dull your finish down and dry it out by first washing it with a high alkaline detergent.

From all of my tests on a variety of finishes, Tech Wax leaves a better finish every time. Especially when you look at the results and compare them to the time, effort and money involved in both processes. And even more so when you pull the car into the sun or bright lights.

Of course, it will always be a personal choice.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree. I have always used Meguiars on everything I have had for the past 20 years, which has mostly been black cars. I did buy a bottle of NXT Tech Wax yesterday at Advanced Auto, but it may be a while before I try it. It is snowing!

Comment

It snowed here on Sunday night, my son and I built his first Snowman early that morning, you can see some pictures here...

Rand's first Snowman!

I have three cars lined up to detail and I'm hoping it warms up again soon!

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Snow in SoCal? Do you live up in the mountains then?

It seems so bizarre that you would have to wait for it to warm up in SoCal to detail cars. I think that's a first.

When I visited San Diego in '95, they gave three weather forecasts. On one day the forecast for the beach was 62° and fog, for the desert it was sunny and 90° and for the mountains it was snow and 30° all on the same day!

And I thought Indiana had strange weather.
          I hope Rand and you enjoy the snow!

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

At the risk of EXTREME thread drift, we went to the big island in Hawaii last winter. On the Kohala coast it was 85* with bright sunlight and not a cloud in the sky, in the highlands it was 50* and foggy and raining, and on Mauna Kea it was 20* and snowing. I read somewhere that the big island has 7 of the world's 9 different climates on an island the size of Connecticut; the only ones missing are arctic and something else I don't remember.

To bring it back around... hey, how about that NXT? I'd bet that would be great on the big island!

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');