• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior protectant

I need some advice. My wife has a new 4Runner. She absolutely hates the gloss and feeling of an interior dressing. On the otherhand, I love the NXT Cockpit Shine. It's the best. You probably can see my dilemna. I want to protect the interior dash, but I need a product with protection but leaves the interior like new. I have used Meguiar's Shine, but I believe that even this product would be too glossy or slick for her. Any suggestions. I am thinking about trying the new Interior Quik Detailer. Will it provide what I am looking for? Thanks.
    Bama

Ive seen pics of peoples interior with quick interior spray, very OEM looking.

Comment

Interior QD is the way to go. I'm like you and like some shine and gloss to my interior. Interior QD will give the protection without the shine. I think your wife will be happy.
      04 Z71 Burb= daily driver(SOLD)
      79 Trans Am=restored toy
      03 Sunfire= lowered, daily driver
      06 Saturn Vue= daily driver

Comment

Re: Interior protectant

Originally posted by Bama
        I want to protect the interior dash, but I need a product with protection but leaves the interior like new.

Any suggestions?
        Apply this product,

Work in well, allow to penetrate for a few minutes, then come back and gently wipe all treated surfaces with a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth. Wipe softly and slowly, not quickly. Give any excess residue sitting on the surface a chance to transfer to the cloth.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Have you tried Meguiar's new Natural Shine for vinyl and rubber ? looks like its for a less than glossy new factory look.

"Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, tires, and hundred of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. with two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolor your finish. We've also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun."
          Last edited by EdT; Jun 10, 2005, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Does the Interior Quick Detailor offer any UV protection? What would the difference be between it and the Tech Protectant on a dashboard?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You can try this.

Quik Interior Detailer is the fastest way to clean and shine all interior surfaces. Use it every time you wash or Quik Detail your paint to give your interior that "just detailed" look. In just minutes, your entire interior can look sharp and smell fresh. Quickly and easily maintains the look and feel of interior plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal and even audio/video equipment. The safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dust, ashes, dirt, grime, spills and fingerprints without build-up. And, unlike traditional protectants that leave an artificial greasy feeling, Quik Interior Detailer leaves your interior surfaces looking natural and revitalized.

Comment

Just got a bottle of NXT Tech Protectant since I was not able to find QID.

The liquid is similar to clear baby oil. After applying to a MF, I worked it in slowly, there is evidence of slight streaking and I let it set in for about a hour before wiping it slowly to even everything out. Gloss is higher than I would like, but what I really don't like is that greasy sticky residue feeling that I get on my hands on any surface that was treated with it.

Also, the instructions say you can use it on tires etc., then why can't I just use Hot Shine instead or vice versa ? sounds to me its the same polymer technology thats involved.

Comment

When you can find some of the interior QD, pick up a bottle. I really like it since you simply get a 'new' look.
                  Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Quik Interior Detailer this week, but I haven't had a chance to try it. I will let you know how it turns out. I am sure that I will be satified, but my wife will be the ulitmate judge.

I love the NXT TP, and to me, it is one of the best dressings that I have ever used. It is very versatile, but even if I buffed it, I think it would still be too glossy for my wife.
                    Bama

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');