• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 Honda Civiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Honda Civiv

My brother in law just got back from the middle east and I told him we would work on his car next weekend. It is a 2001 Honda Civic ( silver) that has been parked outside and is heavily oxidized. No body damage or rust, but needs some work on the shine. I think I have the right tools, but am relatively new to this. My plan is to use Ultimate compound first with a light cutting pad, then polish, and finally Ultimate wax. Any problems?

Re: 2001 Honda Civiv

That's a lot of sun in Bakersfield.

Make sure the car gets a good wash.
    There are metal foundies in town, so use lots of lubrication and give extra time for claying to get surface contaminants off.
    Some have said they have found some Honda paint to be soft. Possibly try a test spot with Ultimate Polish first to see if it cleans up the paint.

Comment

Re: 2001 Honda Civiv

Thanks. Now I have another problem. My 2016 black Infiniti QX70 was parked at a friend's house and has some yellow overspray on it. Looks like paint. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');