• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Product - Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW Product - Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Originally posted by wht4drfa5 View Post
    I bought this product to add to my arsenal a few months back and have yet to try it out. 2 weeks ago I bought a black car to see if I can keep it looking good. Any tips or tricks to using this product? Pad choice? Machine? Speed? I want to start paint correcting ASAP, just haven
    The test spot is your friend. It may not last as long but it is a pretty versatile AIO.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      The test spot is your friend. It may not last as long but it is a pretty versatile AIO.
      As long as what Michael?

I think I remember reading that this was Meg's longest lasting AIO.

Or maybe you mean not as long as a dedicated paint sealant, in which case
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by wht4drfa5 View Post
        I bought this product to add to my arsenal a few months back and have yet to try it out. 2 weeks ago I bought a black car to see if I can keep it looking good. Any tips or tricks to using this product? Pad choice? Machine? Speed? I want to start paint correcting ASAP, just haven
        You haven't described the paint condition.
        I will add this link to the May 2018 Thursday Night Open Garage.
        The black SC430 was at TNOG about 7 months ago. The owner worked the hood with D166.
        In May, Mike asked what process (technique) was used on the hood.
        Mike looked the hood over and then did a test spot on the trunk with D166, DMF5 microfiber cutting pads, and six (might have been 8) "very slow arm speed section passes" with the MT300. With that many passes always use your hands to test the paint for heat buildup.
        This black paint had definite challenges of swirls and tons of water spots. The paint responded much better to the slower arm movement section passes.

I would recommend trying a polishing pad test spot first. Then go up to the MF cutting pad if needed.
        Test till you find out how many section passes it needs.

Take a look at this link to see the test results and overall results.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          As long as what Michael?

I think I remember reading that this was Meg's longest lasting AIO.

Or maybe you mean not as long as a dedicated paint sealant, in which case
          I meant in general it is not a long lasting form of protection. From my testing the average durability is about 2 months. Meguiar's states it lasts about 1-3 months in a video from detailing.com. I had higher expectations when it was mentioned that D166 would have a similar longevity to M21. Well I get a consistent 5 month durability of M21.

I got 3 months with white wax so that is why I am saying D166 is not longer lasting.

Don't get me wrong D166 is good stuff. Great correction ability and pretty darn versatile.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            I meant in general it is not a long lasting form of protection. From my testing the average durability is about 2 months. Meguiar's states it lasts about 1-3 months in a video from detailing.com. I had higher expectations when it was mentioned that D166 would have a similar longevity to M21. Well I get a consistent 5 month durability of M21.

I got 3 months with white wax so that is why I am saying D166 is not longer lasting.

Don't get me wrong D166 is good stuff. Great correction ability and pretty darn versatile.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');