• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use M40 to clean rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use M40 to clean rubber?

I'm using M40 for the first time. I'm mainly hoping it will clean up the exterior rubber seals around my windows. I wasn't able to get my hands on #39.

How do I use it? I know that I can use an applicator or MF towel to wipe it on the desired surface. But if I want to use it for its cleansing ability, do I use the towel to wipe back and forth on the dirty rubber? Should I use a dirty MF towel or a clean one? Or will a terry towel or brush be even more desirable?

Thanks.

Re: How to use M40 to clean rubber?

I usually just go over the seals once or twice. M40 cleans them well enough that way.

Comment

I use a 'dirty' meaning used towel that's been washed; same one I use for the wheels. Sometimes an old thick T-shirt works well too & I can throw that away if the rubber is real dirty. I always roll down the windows too to save the time of cleaning the liquid off them.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I used a dirty towel to wipe my exterior rubbers, and a lot of dirt and grime were rubbed off, but there are still marks on the rubbers that I can't seem to get rid of, no matter how hard I'm scrubbing. Is M39 or a strong APC (D101 @ 10:1 hasn't helped) needed, or are these stains (or whatever they are) beyond repair? Thanks again!

Comment

Try some diluted APC with a brush, like a toothbrush. If that doesn't take them out then I'd let them go & use something like Solution Finish which will restore the black and probably cover them up pretty well. Solution Finish is pricey but a little goes a very long way and it's durability is terrific.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');