• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D115 vs d156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D115 vs d156

What is best D115 or D156?

What one is best for use as a spray wax,
    What one has the most gloss the best beading and the longest protection and would they build up on the paint if used weekly?

Re: D115 vs d156

Anybody?

Comment

D156 is going to meet your criteria. It is a dedicated spray wax. D115 is a waterless wash that leaves a little protection behind.

They won't build up but they will overtake as the form of protection over the base layer of protection.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        D156 is going to meet your criteria. It is a dedicated spray wax. D115 is a waterless wash that leaves a little protection behind.

They won't build up but they will overtake as the form of protection over the base layer of protection.
        Would you say D156 give's the most gloss?

Comment

I have never used D115 as I am not a fan if a waterless wash that leaves protection behind. So I can not comment on the comparison in gloss levels. But D156 leaves a nice slick and glossy surface.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have never used D115 as I am not a fan if a waterless wash that leaves protection behind. So I can not comment on the comparison in gloss levels. But D156 leaves a nice slick and glossy surface.
            Thanks buddy

Comment

Gloss comes from polishing, wax is to protect the paint. Don't expect a ton of gloss from any spray wax.

Having said that, I do like D156 as a second day "boost" to a freshly waxed or sealed finish.
              Purple Towel Auto Detailing
              @purpletoweldetailing

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Towel Detailing View Post
                Gloss comes from polishing,
                This is true. A spray wax or quick detailer will still leave some shine but not as mush as polishing.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

For how long though? I mean, I don't see using UWW changing the properties of the "real" coat of protection like UFF or ULW once it wears off. Am I incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                    For how long though? I mean, I don't see using UWW changing the properties of the "real" coat of protection like UFF or ULW once it wears off. Am I incorrect?
                    There is no exact number like after 5 washes that protection is gone and the base layer is back. The thing is that UWW or D156 when used weekly will be the protection that is seen on the paint. D156 is pretty durable and can last a few weeks on it's own. D115 I am not exactly sure as I have never used it.

If one wants to see the true nature of their base layer LSP then stick with products that don't leave protection behind. For example the discontinued D114 rinseless wash or even a basic QD like M34 or Mirror Bright that leaves no protection behind.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I gotchya. I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant, and I did based on your above explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Towel Detailing View Post
                        Gloss comes from polishing, wax is to protect the paint. Don't expect a ton of gloss from any spray wax.

Having said that, I do like D156 as a second day "boost" to a freshly waxed or sealed finish.
                        I know how to get gloss but my question was what 1 give's the best gloss between D115 & D156 as they are both advertised as giving of a ton of gloss!

Comment

I'd say D156

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');