• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last touch and/or xpress spray wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last touch and/or xpress spray wax

Hi there.... i thought i had this sorted out now im a bit confused again 😀

I have both LT(d155) & XPress spray wax (d156). My question is that i cannot anymore find out the differences... can somebody clearify this for me ( i comes from the consumer line im new in the detailer product line).

They can both be used as a drying agent? Which one is best?

LT can be used with clay ....

Xpress a bit more like a wax longer protection but more effort to put on so not for the normal wash?

Once i read that after each was LT was good as a drying plus touch up. Then after 3..5 washes THEN use xpress spray wax because its more a quick "wax" plus adds protection? But why not use that everytime? Why LT then?

Omg im confused is it overkill to have both then when they are the same?

Can somebody tell if they have both when they use what?

Thanks in advance

Re: Last touch and/or xpress spray wax

Last Touch is a detail spray that can be diluted to be used as a clay lubricant. It can be used to remove light dust in between washes. It can also be used as a drying aid.

D156 is a spray wax. Meaning it will leave protection behind unlike D155 that does not. D156 is recommended to bu used on clean paint or as a drying aid. It has no cleaning ability.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

so if im digging after how to use this after a wash what would you do? would you do the wife off with a "wafer" towel with the LT and then after that again use D156 so like 2 "products" after a wash!? or would you assume the car is "clean" just use D156? because i was use to before to use UQD after each was infact dry a little first then spray on and wife of (only with a litte water on the car) with great results... can i dublicate this via LT or D156?

Comment

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. You can use D156 as a drying if you want to leave protection behind. If not then D155 would be the way to go.

Sheet rinse the car and then follow up with your drying aid. You will only have a little water left behind.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

then let me ask another way, those two products are similar i would say - BUT how would YOU use them if it was YOU? do you have any recommendations!? nothing may then be directly "wrong" but I think i need some recommendations how to use these two the best way... and understand the differences right...

Comment

I use D156 solely as a drying aid and D155 for everything else (removing fingerprints, dust, claying lubrication...). I will also use D155 as a drying aid if I'm worried a gust of wind blew some dust onto the car while I'm drying it.

Comment

Okey so i then assume after a wash better use d156 also because of the beating even on windows and LT like you describe.... i have also read once that d156 is a bit more "wax" like. A bit more like a quick waxing protecting maybe a bit more complicated to put on but a good result. Then better use LT as "in between" but have You testet them up against each other regarding as a drying aid? Which is best in that regard?

Comment

I use LT as a drying aid and then i go over the car with D156 as it put's down protection so i get the gloss from both product's and protection from D156 and LT imo is slicker as a drying aid.

Comment

Okey great input thanks I think I will use it like that. Maybe last question: i then assume you use LT everytime after a wash! BUT do you use d156 also after every single wash? Or maybe every third time? I did it like that with the consumer products....

Comment

I use both in that order after every wash buddy

Comment

Originally posted by spraycleaner View Post
                      then let me ask another way, those two products are similar i would say - BUT how would YOU use them if it was YOU? do you have any recommendations!? nothing may then be directly "wrong" but I think i need some recommendations how to use these two the best way... and understand the differences right...
                      Ok you are comparing two different products. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

One is a spray wax that leaves protection in D156.

The other is a detail spray that leaves no protection behind but can be used to remove light dust, finger prints and can be used as a clay lube.

So if you want to leave a durable form of protection then use D156. If not then use D155. Again it is all up to the user. You can use either one as much as you like.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just gonna chime in 3 years later...

Last Touch is good for the door shuts when you don't want to soak the inside of the car come wash time.

I then go over the whole car with xpress wax as a drying aid and to 'wax' the door shuts.

BOTH can be used inside the car after you've APC'd for a final wipe down, one smells like Pina coladas so is nice to have inside the vehicle.

Both usable off label, you could use one or the other tbh, but ones a quick detailer and the other is a wax, so use them this way

I never use them in between washes, im either washing or im not - unless its bird poop in which case, LT is to hand.

When it comes to claybar time, what you gonna do? Reach for LT

SO, buy both, different uses, both useful - im not sure how you'd clean the door shuts except maybe APC, but who wants that on your waxed paint by overmist?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthantsPete View Post
                          Just gonna chime in 3 years later...

Last Touch is good for the door shuts when you don't want to soak the inside of the car come wash time.

I then go over the whole car with xpress wax as a drying aid and to 'wax' the door shuts.

BOTH can be used inside the car after you've APC'd for a final wipe down, one smells like Pina coladas so is nice to have inside the vehicle.

Both usable off label, you could use one or the other tbh, but ones a quick detailer and the other is a wax, so use them this way

I never use them in between washes, im either washing or im not - unless its bird poop in which case, LT is to hand.

When it comes to claybar time, what you gonna do? Reach for LT

SO, buy both, different uses, both useful - im not sure how you'd clean the door shuts except maybe APC, but who wants that on your waxed paint by overmist?

---

Thanks a lot I have also been using them as the above :-) thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');