• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking care of painted non-glossy (but not matte) black trim around windows & doors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking care of painted non-glossy (but not matte) black trim around windows & doors.

I just picked up a Honda Civic sedan and had a question that's probably been answered elsewhere on this forum, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I had a 2001 dark green Accord with painted black trim around the window frames & on the door pillars that I just used to finish off with Gold Class Carnuba wax when doing my exterior care. I wasn't looking for a "gloss" finish on these parts and knew I wouldn't get one using this product - it was just something (the GC Carnuba) that I had on hand and went ahead and used it. Never had any problems with coverage or with age or environmental-related discoloration over the years.

Now, on this new(er) Civic, is there any specific product recommendation for taking care of these parts of the exterior? I can't see where the GC Carnuba would do any harm but is there currently anything that Meguiar's recommends that affords any better protection?

Tnx.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');