• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bimmerforums.com at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking 318ti randy!
    Claying and Wiping machine for ocprodetailers.com

Comment

Zey,

#83 via Makita Rotary at speed 2. I made sure to slow down at the edges of the fender. Fender probably only took 30 sec to buff out.
      Detail enthusiast from bimmerforums.com
      machines: Porter Cable 7336 DA and 7428 rotary
      Favorite products: Meguiars: #83, #80, NXT techwax, All-metal restorer. Other brands: 1Z PP, S100 wax, Stoner Invisible Glass, Klasse AIO.

Comment

Thanks Mike ..

I had a great time and learned tons. Thanks especially for the help with the touch up paint.

-Chad

Comment

Originally posted by hamanncheese
          Zey,

#83 via Makita Rotary at speed 2. I made sure to slow down at the edges of the fender. Fender probably only took 30 sec to buff out.
          Thanks buddy! That would be 900rpm with a dial setting of 2. Slow and steady.
          zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by clayingmachine
            Nice looking 318ti randy!
            Originally posted by jworms1
            geez that ti looked (looks) great!

today i noticed light swirl marks in my paint on my estoril M3 coupe. i am determined to get that show car shine now and with the knowledge i took from that class i should have no problem.

emailed you
            Thanks for the compliments guys.

Thanks to Mike and Shane for teaching us how to properly take care of our paint. I learned alot that day and you changed the way I look at washing my car haha.

Thanks again to Eric for organizing the event.

-Randy
            97 318ti sport jet black

Comment

Re: Re: Bimmerforums.com at Meguiar's!

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
              Not trying to be critical, but what on earth is this?

The car is a Smart Car like everyone else has been saying.

The car is built by DC, same makers of Mercedes and Maybach.

This particular model is the Smart Fortwo Passion Cabrio.

The panels are interchangeable, meaning that if I felt like a different color, all I would have to do is swap out the black pieces and install red pieces if that was my heart's desire. The "tridion" cell is powdercoated in silver and acts like a mini roll cage.

The car was test crashed numerous times with an W211 E-class and a w220 S-class and fared extremely well.

If anyone else wants to know more about the car, please let me know.

Thanks Eric for organizing the gathering.

Thank you Mike and Tim, I mean Shane for your guidance as always.

Dan Wang

Comment

Hi Dan........Welcome to the forum.

How does the Smart Car handle?.........Looks like it might be easy to tip over in a hard turn (No offence of course).

But it looks like it might be a fun car to drive though.

I wonder if Consumer Reports has had a write up on it?
                r. b.

Comment

here are a few of mine, i only took a few and some didn't come out good. it was a great day. and yes that was me thinking it wasn't enough food, oh well. live and learn. thank you mike and shane for your work, i will be calling 'Tim' soon to get some products. Nice to see everybody there, bimmer forums get a from me for their kindness even though i brought a mercedes.

Comment

Thanks for all the efforts, Mike and Shane (Tim), I think we all learned a lot.

Post more pictures when you get a chance!

Comment

Thanks Mike and Shane for the event! That was so much better than I was hoping for... I was very impressed. All of you who didn't go definitely missed out.

I'm the one who came with Jonathan/jworms (the supa-clean estoril coupe)

Comment

That was a great class, thanks for all the info Mike, I think you have sold me on a PC. I would defiantly be up for another one of these... maybe one every week

Also, that M roadster was amazing, thanks for the ride.

Comment

I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks to Eric and Mike for putting this together.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');