• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal paint cleaner removed - Ceramic Coating (cquartz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Crystal paint cleaner removed - Ceramic Coating (cquartz)

As the title says, i had some severe water deposits over the ceramic coating (cquartz) in my car, since i have used before Deep Crystal paint cleaner to remove those water spots, i used it with NO pressure at all, it removed them, but what was my surprise, the coat itself was removed too.

does this product has abrassives? im really surprised it removed the ceramic coating, or maybe it is still there but i need to do something else, but i really lost all the beading capabilities from the ceramic in those spots.

Any ideas on how to remove those water deposits over the ceramic coating?

Thanks.

Re: Deep Crystal paint cleaner removed - Ceramic Coating (cquartz)

D.C. Paint Cleaner has some diminishing abrasives and chemical cleaners in it. It's about as light of a cleaner as possible.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    ***Update***

The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner does in fact contain a light amount of diminishing abrasive along with chemical cleaners to enable it to remove swirls and other above and below surface paint defects.

We've been posting on this forum that it was a chemical cleaner only but I talked to Mike Pennington today about this and he said if fact that this product does contain some diminishing abrasives along with the chemical cleaners in this formula. We can't say for sure how we came to be under the impression that it this product was a chemical cleaner only because our habit is to seek out and absorbs information about car care products like a magnet is attracted to steel and it's not often we make a mistake like this, thus the reason for this announcement and update on our forum.

As far as aggressiveness goes, all things being equal, it is less aggressive than ScratchX when applied by hand. Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a very, very light, or non-aggressive paint cleaner, it's intended use is for light paint cleaning, that is this product is a light cleaner for removing light stains, oxidation and shallow swirls and scratches.

Meguiar's always teaches the philosophy of using the least aggressive product to get the job done, in following this philosophy in it's practical application, using Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner will be using the least aggressive paint cleaner in the Meguiar's line of compounds, paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes.

Remember, if Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner does not remove the defect effectively enough or fast enough for your expectations, then you'll need to substitute a more aggressive product and/or application method. By hand this could be ScratchX, by machine this could be one of our cleaner/polishes or paint cleaners by machine.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread...

Thanks!

Comment

I found this thread that states it does contain a light abrasive. The thread is a little over 10 years old.

Did you try some sort of wipedown with Eraser or IPA to see if deep crystal is masking the coatings properties? Or a strong wash with Reset shampoo.

Coating manufactures sell their own dedicated water spot removers that are meant to work with their coatings.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        I found this thread that states it does contain a light abrasive. The thread is a little over 10 years old.

Did you try some sort of wipedown with Eraser or IPA to see if deep crystal is masking the coatings properties? Or a strong wash with Reset shampoo.

Coating manufactures sell their own dedicated water spot removers that are meant to work with their coatings.
        Yes i did, a full IPA over the coat and then water rinse, thats how i know the ceramic coat was gone, because i had no water beading in that spot, well next time ill try other stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');