• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Order

I only used the ultimate line once and am a little lost again in the order. is it:
    1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Compound
    4. Polish
    5. Wax???
    I Have a black truck so will the black wax bring out depth in the color?

I have a bunch of swirls that I got from trying a different brand product, never doing that again!!!!!

I am planing on returning the DA I have now and getting the Meguiars one!!

Re: Product Order

Yeah the sequence is right, but you may not have to compound before polishing if your paint isn't in poor condition; try a test spot first to see if you really need to do it. Some people think black wax helps, personally I haven't used it but the stuff I did use worked just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Dragon View Post
      Yeah the sequence is right, but you may not have to compound before polishing if your paint isn't in poor condition; try a test spot first to see if you really need to do it. Some people think black wax helps, personally I haven't used it but the stuff I did use worked just fine.
      I have really heavy swirl marks on it.

Comment

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          I am waiting to return some products I do not like and am ordering the MT300. I think I may need to compound it first. Those swirls are bad....

Comment

Originally posted by richborba1 View Post
            I am waiting to return some products I do not like and am ordering the MT300. I think I may need to compound it first. Those swirls are bad....
            Agree on the swirls. A disapointment

Comment

Top it off with some Ultimate fast finish

I did my black one with only the "ultimate serie".

First wash ofcourse (here i use a schampo WITHOUT wax), then clay, compound, polish liquid wax last but not least fast finish. My car hadn't seen some love since new. So 14 year. Turned out oki

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
                Top it off with some Ultimate fast finish

I did my black one with only the "ultimate serie".

First wash ofcourse (here i use a schampo WITHOUT wax), then clay, compound, polish liquid wax last but not least fast finish. My car hadn't seen some love since new. So 14 year. Turned out oki

its looking awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Mazal_khan603 View Post
                  its looking awesome
                  Thank you =)

This year i only needed to use M205 and get the same result. (of course with liquid wax and fast finish). I so would like to try the new Hybrid cermaic wax to maintain. But the price is kinda high ($30 here in Sweden) and are sold out. Expected to be in earliest August. So i bought a bottle of Sonax spray and seal instead

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');