• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1985 Mazda RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1985 Mazda RX-7

It's not the prettiest machine in the world... but it's not really designed to be. It's more of a purpose-built car. The purpose? To be overly-competitive in autocross and road racing. It's not a trailer queen, it's never been to a show, and it stays under a tarp all day every day.

Like I said, it's not pretty... but it's my baby. The wheels are the crowning jewel of it... Remember the IMSA racing series from the 80's? That's where they're from. Centerline Wheels made SEVEN sets in the hard to find 4x110mm bolt pattern that first gen ('79-'85) RX-7's have, and this is one of those sets. They've estimated an appraisal at $3,100 in fair condition... these are nearly new... no scratches, blemishes, curb rash, dents, dings... they're pristine. They're 15x8", and occasionally rub inder HARD cornering, even with all four fender lips rolled. It's almost *too much* wheel and tire.

So, here y'all go.

4.125" of lip!!! At 19.2 lbs., they're a little heavy, but what do you expect from a 2-piece, magnesium/aluminum alloy racing wheel?

That's the ORIGINAL interior, untouched... and ORIGINAL floormats too! Not bad for TWENTY years old!
    Last edited by VanityDetailing; Jun 12, 2005, 12:07 AM.
    Vanity
    Automotive and Marine Detailing
    "Because when you want everyone to look at your car or boat's shine, that's Vanity."

love them rotary's.

last year for that body style eh!

i had a 1986 RX with the newer 13B.

it was my first car and ofcourse, wish i had it today.
    it was awesome, and ahead of its time... i loved the huge centre mounted Tach, and the little speedometer off to its right...really showed what was important!!

the '86 was the C&D's car of the year!!

Comment

I had a silver '85 RX-7 GSL, very much like that one. Mine didn't have the bling wheels, but was very clean.

It didn't have that much power (110 hp?) but was a lot of fun to drive. I wish I still had it.
      Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');