• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megs Unigrit in all grits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs Unigrit in all grits

I ordered these from another online retailer, but they do not say Meguiar's on the back of them. I'm pretty sure this aren't made in Japan by some other company, but just wanted to confirm as I was pretty upset when they arrived. I waited all week for them as I wanted to wet sand my cars bumper that has oxidized. I know it's going to have to be repainted, but just wanted to try the paper out.

I just want to be sure before I let the other retailer know that I'm not happy. I'm pretty sure I saw Meguiars on them when I went to the wet sanding class last month, but my memory... blah. LOL.

I mean, how rude to substitute other sandpaper for Meguiars :-(

Thanks, I really appreciate it!!

Laura

Re: Megs Unigrit in all grits

Does the name on the back of the sheets say, "Nikken?"

If so, pretty sure that they are legit. I've got a couple of 3000 sheets that are labeled that way.

Bill

Comment

Hey Bill- Yep Nikken is the name. All of the grits 1000, 1200, 1500
      and so on.
      I thought the products were made here in the US?

Thanks!

Comment

The Nikken abrasive products aren't like common sandpapers. They're made with a unique, proprietary process that produces extremely consistent grit that performs far better than ordinary abrasives. IIRC they were originally developed for high-tech semiconductor manufacturing.

When Meguiar's discovered The Nikken products they saw their potential for paint finishing and arranged to import them to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
          The Nikken abrasive products aren't like common sandpapers. They're made with a unique, proprietary process that produces extremely consistent grit that performs far better than ordinary abrasives. IIRC they were originally developed for high-tech semiconductor manufacturing.

When Meguiar's discovered The Nikken products they saw their potential for paint finishing and arranged to import them to the US.
          Good post!

When I replied, for the life of me I couldn't remember the 'facts' behind using Nikken. Old age strikes again (LOL).

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');