• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing Meguiar's ENDURANCE Tire Gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Meguiar's ENDURANCE Tire Gel

Well, since I broke down and gave the car a regular wash today, I decided to scrub the new Falkens ... not that much scrubbing was needed for new tires, and try out a new (to me) tire dressing, Megs Endurance.

Following the directions for a more muted shine, I wiped ... ok, slopped the gel on to get in in those wonderful grooves tire makers put in the sidewalls, then waited about 1/2 hour and wiped off the excess. Originally I took a pic with the flash on, but then it showed the tread of the tire and the fender well (which are not cleaned and dressed) so, no flash.

Let's see how long this holds up through this weather.

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Testing Meguiar's ENDURANCE Tire Gel

24 hour update: I checked on the tires just a few minutes ago and found that overnight, the Endurance had crept into all the nooks and crannies that I was having a difficult time with yesterday and it looks like it has all leveled out. Yesterday I had wiped the tires with a dry microfiber to remove the excess to prevent sling and to get a more "muted" shine.

This morning though the tires still have a very high gloss to them - which I don't mind since they now match my paint, but it doesn't look like there is too much dressing on there and I don't feel that it is going to sling off.

So far so good, let's just see how the durability is.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Re: Testing Meguiar's ENDURANCE Tire Gel

How long did that last ( IN KNOW ITS LIKE FOUR YEARS AGO LOL)

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');