• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Products Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Products Question.

I am sorry if I am a PA, but I am still trying to get a handle on the different products available and some seem to be an over lap. After using Adams for years I understood all his products, but as I stated I am still a little confused on the Meguiar's line.

So far I have used the Car Wash, Ultimate Quick Detailer and the Ultimate Quick Wax. I have the Ultimate Polish and the Ultimate Liquid Wax. While at the store picking up some more products I noticed the Ultimate Fast Finish. I see it say it last a year. IS that a replacement for the liquid wax or even the paste wax, or is like a sealant that is applied over the wax?

Thanks and I promise to not be to much of a PA.

Re: Another Products Question.

BWF07
    What follows is my understanding.
    Ultimate Polish is a polish which contains SMAT abrasives to help remove minor imperfections and improve gloss.
    Ultimate Quick Wax, Ultimate Liquid Wax contain polymer sealants. But, but, they have wax in the name. Yep.
    Ultimate Fast Finish has polymer sealants in it too. They may be a little newer than the ones in UQW & ULW.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

As always, others are encouraged to enhance, revise or even correct my response.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I am still not sure about when the Fast Finish is to be used and is a product that works with the finished wax job or a totally different product.

I am well versed in the types of products (i.e. detail spray, quick wax, polish and waxes) as I mentioned I have been using the Adams products for years and I have done many a paint correction and full details on my cars over the years. I am just wanting to know when the fast finish is used and does it go on before the wax, after the wax or simply eliminates the need to wax. Adams had a product that was a sealant and it could be used and no wax was needed, although applying wax over it would not cause an issue.

Comment

I sure like that metallic cranberrry color on your Vette.

I am going to say this a little different, hoping it will help.
        None of the Mequiar's products you mention above have wax in them, even if it is in the name.

Here is a sizable thread posted and updated when Ultimate Fast Finish was released.

Comment

Ultimate Fast Finish is a form of protection. It is meant to protect the paint like a wax or sealant. It can be used as a stand alone form of protection. Meguiar's has stated that topping your favorite wax or sealant with UFF will not alter the performance of UFF.

It all comes down to user preference as to what form of protection to be used.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Here's a thread on UFF from when it was first released. Worth a read http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...te-Fast-Finish

Bill

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated

Comment

BWF07
                Since you may have non painted black pillars, I wanted to include the question and Nick Winn's answer from the UFF product introduction thread.
                =============================
                Originally Posted by Super Dave
                Does this new spray have UV protection and will it stain black trim?

Yes, all of our waxes and protectants for paint protect against the sun. Yes it can stain non-painted surfaces, this is why it is applied directly to a microfiber towel, spread to paint, flip to dry side for final wipe, done.
                ========

Comment

Because of It's ease of use, and durability, I have no problem using UFF as a stand alone process.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');