• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer Aerosol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer Aerosol

It's me again. Was getting the car ready for a cruise-in latter today and detailed the engine with the Ultimate Quik Wax on the Carbon Fiber, painted and chrome goodies and the Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer on all the black plastic pieces. I also used it on the windshield cowl and A-Frame pillars. The over spray got on teh windshield, which was not a problem, nut it also got on the upper fenders at the engine bay area and on the doors near the A-Pillars. When I then went to use the Ultimate Quik Detailer on the body, I noticed that there was the over spray and it dulled the paint in those areas. I ended up getting out my old bottle of Adams Paint Correct Polish to clean the areas up (which it did). Then I applied a little wax on those areas.

So my question is, does this happen with the Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer when it gets on the painted surfaces? If it does get on the surface will it come off if wiped immediately?

Re: Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer Aerosol

BWF07
    Here is a link to the introduction thread for that product.

Here is a summary answer copy/paste of Michael Stoops reply to a similar question.
    "Yes, this is essentially an aerosol version of UltimateBlack, but the durability is greatly increased. Overspray should be immediately wiped from the paint, but it will come easily if addressed immediately. For larger areas or more complex shapes you might want to mask the paint with a couple widths of masking tape."

You might try spraying the product on a cloth and then applying.
    That can let you control how much and where the cloth contains product.
    I believe this product also comes in a cream.

Since there is black plastic on the A pillars, go back to your previous thread and ask about differences between the Ultimate sealing products (like Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Fast Finish). Some work and others you might want to avoid getting on black plastics/rubbers.

Comment

It is a pain in the rear to clean up any overspray if it dries. It is one of the draw backs of it being in an aersol format. But it lasts a long time. I would recommend taping off or covering any areas you wish to avoid overspray.

Another alternative is D4510 which won't last as long but is much easier to deal with overspray. Think of it adams in & out spray alternative.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess I was a little spoiled with the Adams In&Out spray.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');