• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X 2.0 still impresses me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X 2.0 still impresses me!

In April 2013 I bought a 2005 Corvette from a small used car dealer and they thought they were doing me a favor my clay barring the car for me. Problem was, they weren't very good at it and probably used too little lube, as they put all kinds of micromarring on the finish! At that time I went over the car with my DA buffer and Scratch X 2.0 and in just one pass it virtually elminated most of the micromarring!

But that's not why I started this topic today, this time it's because I just picked up a brand new 2018 Corvette and as expected with any new vehicle when I went over the finish very closely at home in my garage I could see a lot of little marks in the finish from the assembly, transport and PDI process. My garage is pretty small and I've tried using my DA in there before but it's rather uncomfortable, so this time I decided to use Scratch X 2.0 by hand, just with one of those little round microfiber applicators. It took a little bit more effort, as I did have to go over some areas a few times and/or put a bit of pressure on it, but the effort was worth it as the little imperfections are gone! Since Ultimate Fast Finish is my new favorite sealant, I have put two coats of it on my new car as well (waiting a day in between for it to cure of course) To amp up the shine a tiny bit more, a day after my last coat of UFF I used UQD on the finish. That's another product that still amazes me after all these years.

I don't see people talking about Scratch X very much anymore, so I thought I would remind everyone how great a product it is and you don't even need to own any extra equipment to get good results from it. A $1 applicator and a little bit of elbow grease can often do the trick!
    2018 Torch Red Corvette

Re: Scratch X 2.0 still impresses me!

Good feedback.

Most members tend to migrate to ultimate compound and ultimate polish for over the counter products. Some even get M205 instead of ultimate polish as M205 is a tad more versatile.

Have you tied following up with a dedicated polish to give you more gloss?

Here is a good thread to give you an idea of where the products fall within their correction level.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...t-surprise-you!
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post

Have you tied following up with a dedicated polish to give you more gloss?
      I do have a polish that I like to use that works really well but it's not a Meguiar's product so I didn't want to mention it here.
      2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

I keep a bottle around for those spots that UP isn't quite enough for, but UC seems to be a touch over kill. Biggest downside to SX 2.0 is price. You can get a much bigger bottle of either UP or UC for about the same or less than a small tube of SX.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');