• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System - Torque settings for Cordless Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Power System - Torque settings for Cordless Drill

Hi all,

Posting in this section as it seems more appropriate (forum moderators, if necessary pls delete a duplicate thread I posted under The Dual Action Polisher section).

I'm new to the DA Power System and intend to buy a good cordless drill to go with it (either a Dewalt or Stanley model, with 18V and max 1800 - 2000 rpm).

I have seen reviews talking about the right speed settings (for cordless drills they should go as high as possible since they will hardly be more powerful than corded ones), but interestingly I have not come across discussion about torque settings before.

I am rather new to power tools as well, and therefore I would like to ask whether torque settings are a concern when using the DA Power System? And if so, what should roughly be their settings for the 18V tool mentioned above?

Thanks!!

Re: DA Power System - Torque settings for Cordless Drill

I was not happy using my cordless 18V drill with the DA System. I found my variable speed corded drill much better. More power. I may be wrong but I seem to have read somewhere that a cordless drill is not recommended.

Comment

Yes, a corded drill is definitely more powerful and can also deliver more consistent power. It is therefore more recommended by Meguiar's. However, there are certain constraints in where I am living (living in an apartment, no garage/backyard, no carparks with a power source) so I have to use a cordless one.

Some of the guys in forums and Youtube have feedback that using a high quality cordless drill (18V with of about 2000rpm and more) could do the job pretty decently too.

However, there was not much mention on the torque settings and that is why I started this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by EyesWideShut View Post

Some of the guys in forums and Youtube have feedback that using a high quality cordless drill (18V with of about 2000rpm and more) could do the job pretty decently too.

!
        I agree with you, Cordless has a number of advantages, I found this page https://www.powertoollab.com/best-cordless-power-drill/ recommended DEWALT and Bosch, But I high recommended Makita 18v cordless drill, torque 480 , have two speed RPM: 0-400 & 0-1500, Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times. Hope can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy2000 View Post
          I agree with you, Cordless has a number of advantages, I found this page https://www.powertoollab.com/best-cordless-power-drill/ recommended DEWALT and Bosch, But I high recommended Makita 18v cordless drill, torque 480 , have two speed RPM: 0-400 & 0-1500, Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times. Hope can help you.
          Hey just to update, I have bought a Dewalt one - https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCD980.../dp/B008D6IDIO

Great stuff and it has a working speed of 2000rpm! Have tried a few rounds of polishing so far with the DA Power System and they work pretty well together. Not much complaints and most paint defects were corrected .

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');