• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having problem's with gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
    When I try to upload a photo, I go "Gallery," "My Gallary," "Upload Photos," I insert the file path, then "Submit." The following screen shows no pic, but says the following:

The Meguiar's Online Gallery is reserved for car related photo hosting only.
    The same problem here in Switzerland
    I tried to upload 800x600 pics, file size just 92k
    Click here to visit my MUSTANG website

Comment

I am also having problem uploading pictures to the gallery. I am logged in, and I choose a pictures from my PC, submit it and nothing happens.

Comment

I know this is an old forum post, but I am having trouble trying to upload pics to my gallery.

I have tried following Mike Phillips instructions to the tee with no luck. I am able to email them to others thru my comcast acct. They are standard 700 x 533 pixel photos of my car.

Other MOL members have sent their instructions also, but it still doesn't work. I end up getting a screen that says it's the gallery message, but with just a big black blank rectangle. Above that is says that the gallery is for photos of cars only, or something like that.

Can tech support help? I have some really nice photos from a detail that I am wanting to share with the other members.

Thanks in advance for your help.
        2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
        2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
        1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

E-mail me the photo and let me see if I can do it from my computer.

Just to point out, yesterday a person e-mailed me that they we're having a problem and their file name looked like this,

car picture.jpg

and it should look like this,

carpicture.jpg

So the fix was as simple as removing the space. Windows and other software may recognize file names with spaces, but the forums software will not.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Decided for some reason to try it one more time.

I can't believe it finally worked!! I thought I was going nuts. I did not do anything any different than before. It just finally took me to the screen I needed.

I have uploaded 4 photos to my gallery and can view them.

Now I just need to see what to do to use them in my postings or for others to view them in the gallery. Haven't got that far yet. Somewhere here I printed your directions for all that I think. Just need to find them again. Wait, don't I click img above? Let me try that and see if I can post one here.

Mike, please let me know if this works. Thanks so much.

Comment

Ok,

I posted it and see it's there, but very small.

How do I make that larger? It shows the full frame of the photo, but like in thumbnail size.

But when I click on them in my gallery, they show up a good size.

Comment

Hi Ric,

You accidentally posted a thumbnail instead of the actual photo: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...tion-thumb.jpg

Once you see you photo in the gallery at the larger size, Right-click (Control-click) and say Open Image in New Window. The link in your address bar should be the one that you copy and paste. Your photo above should be: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...ection-med.jpg

Notice the med.jpg instead of thumb.jpg?

Good luck!

Comment

Ok, here goes. I think I see the right way now.

Will post reflection photo below.

How does that look? If all is good I will write up my report as to my first couple details; one by hand and the next with the DA and #80, NXT liquid.

Magnus, I think you have gotten me there; I will be posting photos and screen shots now as needed.

Comment

Also, how do I make it where I post my gallery instead of just a picture. Where someone could see all my gallery photos without having to post each one?

Comment

Hi Ric,

I think you accidentally used the 'http://' button instead of the 'IMG' button to post your pic.

As far as posting your gallery, I can only see one way of doing so. Go to the Gallery, then click My Gallery, then copy the link in the address bar at the top of the page. You can paste that in each message or make it part of your signature like others have done.

I think you've almost got it!

Comment

Remember to keep your file names simple. Recently my friend could not upload his photo, here's what the file name looked like,

Polyprimer_p21small2#205622.jpg

Here’s what I changed it to,

Polyprimer.jpg

Keep things simple my friend. Also, I use Lview Pro a lot, sometimes a photo created in a fancy program like Photoshop can cause problems, if that happens, I use Lview Pro to open it and then simply save it again as a jpg using Lview Pro.

Learn to use these two simple and free programs, I do every day.

Lview – Look for the shareware version link in the below thread

EasyThumbnails
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by amg/md
                          Ok, here goes. I think I see the right way now.

Will post reflection photo below.

url]http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/5029Black2006C-55AMGhoodreflection-med.jpg[/url

How does that look? If all is good I will write up my report as to my first couple details; one by hand and the next with the DA and #80, NXT liquid.

Magnus, I think you have gotten me there; I will be posting photos and screen shots now as needed.

The code in your post shows you're using the URL tags, I've removed the brackets so they'll show up.

what you want to do is use the IMG tags, this will force the image to show up.

If you hit the quote button for my post here, you'll see what the code will look like.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');