• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed- water spot etching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed- water spot etching

Hi, everyone. I have a 2014 Honda Accord and the clear coat has a lot of water spot etching. I tried using Ultimate Compound by hand, but it didn't help much. What's the next step? Which polishing tool should I buy? Thanks!

Re: Advice needed- water spot etching

Welcome to MOL.

As you have already realized doing things by hand has it's limitations. A dual action polisher like the Meguiar's MT300 or Porter Cable PC7424XP are a good option.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Get a Griots 6" Random Orbital with a medium cutting pad and your ultimate compound

Comment

I was looking at the Porter Cable because I have a store credit at Home Depot and could get it there. Will I need to use Ultimate Polish after the Ultimate Compound, or just finish with wax?

Comment

Originally posted by Tikidog1102 View Post
          I was looking at the Porter Cable because I have a store credit at Home Depot and could get it there. Will I need to use Ultimate Polish after the Ultimate Compound, or just finish with wax?
          you can try with least aggressive first Ultimate Polish if the etching is deep use Ultimate Compound and final wax it or use a sealant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tikidog1102 View Post
            Depends on how ultimate compound finishes out as it depends on how the paint reacts. Ultimate polish will impart gloss and refine the finish after compounding.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');