• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tire Pin Nub Removal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tire Pin Nub Removal...

Weird, I know...Just got some new tires and they are covered with those little pin nubs, left over from manufacturing. How do I get those off cleanly? I've never seen this before. Usually the nubs are just around the edge tire, close to the contact patch, but these tires have them all over the outside surface.

Re: New Tire Pin Nub Removal...

Finger nail clippers (?). Really sharp small diagonal cutters (?).

Never really ever thought about it to be honest.

Bill

Comment

I know it may seem like I'm overly concerned about this. Problem is, these things are all over the sidewalls. I want to apply a tire coating, however these "vent spews" will get in the way of a nice, smooth coating.

Comment

I’ve never had them cause an uneven coating on any tire, but like Bill said, nail clippers would probably be the easiest removal method.

Comment

Thanks all. Just used some small, flush cut dykes and they worked great. Hundreds of those spews per tire, but I got most is them.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');