• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper steps i think? Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper steps i think? Advice needed

I have purchased a G100

2003 RAM Quad Cab. Patriot Blue (Dark Blue)

I plan on these steps. I have light spiderwebs.

Wash
    Clay
    On with G100/8006 DC Step1 Cleaner/Wax
    Off by hand (MF)
    On with G100/8006 DC Step2 Polish
    Off by hand (MF)
    On with G100/9006 M80
    Off by Hand (MF)
    and either Gold Class or NXT (I have Both) on with the G100/9006 off by hand followed by G100 with MF bonnet.

Looking for advice if this is the proper steps.

I would skip everything before #80(except washing and clay...)

I would use the bonnet first, then follow up by hand for hard to get areas, with the Wax.

Comment

Will the M80 remove the spiderwebs and some light marks?

Comment

Originally posted by jsolomon4
        Will the M80 remove the spiderwebs and some light marks?
        Yes...it will remove light swirls and marring. Use the G100 set to speed 5 with a W-8006 Polishing Pad. Work the product over a 2'x2' area until the #80 is only a light residue, then remove with a Meg's Ultimate Wipe towel. Top with 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

If #80 stil lleave some swirls behind, you can always go a little more agressive with the #83. Both are good cleaner/polishes, so you wont want to bother using the DC1 and 2 before hand.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Definately use #80 first, but it would be interesting to see what DC#1 would look like on top of #80.....DC#1 is a great finesse/polish type of cleaner.

Before I was introduced to #80, I used to use Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner followed by DC#1........I thought it was a great combo at the time.
            r. b.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');