New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

          
  1. #1
    Prince of Insufficent Light Marc Hufnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Carbondale, IL
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    19

    New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Just for costco I presume? Just curious how it differs from other washes these days?

    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

  2. #2
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Hi Marc,

    Nice to see a member with a join date of 2004 still utilizing MOL. Yes this was a special run for just Costco. Great product, big size, just a little less premium than G17748 Ultimate Wash & Wax, being that this uses a carnauba package, and not synthetic like Ultimate Wash & Wax.

    That said, the use of any wash & wax car wash solution will significantly extend the life of one's original wax coating, add that "just waxed" gloss & even slickness.

    Nick
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  3. #3
    Prince of Insufficent Light Marc Hufnagel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Carbondale, IL
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Hi Marc,

    Nice to see a member with a join date of 2004 still utilizing MOL. Yes this was a special run for just Costco. Great product, big size, just a little less premium than G17748 Ultimate Wash & Wax, being that this uses a carnauba package, and not synthetic like Ultimate Wash & Wax.

    That said, the use of any wash & wax car wash solution will significantly extend the life of one's original wax coating, add that "just waxed" gloss & even slickness.

    Nick
    Thanks for the information, I was suspecting that would turn out to be the case since I was having so much trouble getting anything on it. Yup, back in 2004 and been doing a lot of reading here for info. Pretty much remained a Meguiar's fan and product user since then. Thank you
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

  4. #4
    Registered Member onawrxhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Age
    44
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    I grabbed some about three weeks ago. very nice foaming action smells good and cleans wells. left my wifes enclave looking shiny and slick to to the touch.
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

  5. #5
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by onawrxhigh View Post
    I grabbed some about three weeks ago. very nice foaming action smells good and cleans wells. left my wifes enclave looking shiny and slick to to the touch.
    Happy to hear! Thanks for sharing!
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Happy to hear! Thanks for sharing!
    Nick, while this does not have the does not have the synthetic polymers that Ultimate Wash and Wax has, it does have as you mention carnauba wax. Reading this it sounds like it definitely would have more suds than Citrus Blast Wash & Wax, but other than that it sounds similar. When you factor in the price for 1 gallon at Costco it makes a very attractive package.

    However, if Citrus Blast Wash and Wax has less sudsing, then doe that make it easier to dry and remove?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by 510GUY View Post
    Nick, while this does not have the does not have the synthetic polymers that Ultimate Wash and Wax has, it does have as you mention carnauba wax. Reading this it sounds like it definitely would have more suds than Citrus Blast Wash & Wax, but other than that it sounds similar. When you factor in the price for 1 gallon at Costco it makes a very attractive package.

    However, if Citrus Blast Wash and Wax has less sudsing, then doe that make it easier to dry and remove?

    Thanks
    Citrus Blast Wash & Wax will definitely be a quicker rinsing product.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Hi Nick,

    Any concern with using this product on a car that is ceramic coated? Not sure about mixing carnauba with a ceramic.

    thanks.

  9. #9
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by djc View Post
    Hi Nick,

    Any concern with using this product on a car that is ceramic coated? Not sure about mixing carnauba with a ceramic.

    thanks.
    Hi djc,

    There would be no issue with that, would be perfectly adequate to maintain.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  10. #10
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: New hot pink Costco wash and wax with carnauba? Can't find info anywhere on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Hi djc,

    There would be no issue with that, would be perfectly adequate to maintain.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gold Class Car Wash at Costco
    By Rthario in forum Meguiar's Consumer Line Products
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
  2. need some help, can't find any info on this boat
    By 03mach1 in forum The Break Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
  3. Nice to finally find info on fabric convertible tops!
    By karma_gal in forum Introduce Yourself - New Members
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
  4. What happens when people find DIY info online with pics!
    By jmitch8011 in forum The Break Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
  5. 5qt Gold Class Wash at Costco
    By Tenchu2525 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun 28th, 2006, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •