• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D300, what to use after instead of finishing wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D300, what to use after instead of finishing wax

Hello,

Im getting back into detailing since picking up a new car. 6 years ago i was compounding down with d300 and then using the finishing wax on top. I really liked the d300 but wasn't over the moon with the finishing wax. With the release of ceramic carnauba waxes here in the uk, I'm tempted to try these.

So what I'm really asking is do you think, on a 2006 audi tt, after cutting down with d300 n the cutting pads (have both noter and heavy cut), do you think ill need to refine down with something like 205 or a glaze before applying the wax?

If so what would you suggest?

Re: D300, what to use after instead of finishing wax

The only way to find out is by doing a test spot and see how D300 finishes out. M205 will not only refine the finish but add gloss.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

When you say "the finishing wax", do you mean the D301 polishing/wax combination?
      About two years ago they added D302 compound to the Meguiar's Microfiber System. This is a polishing compound without the wax.
      You might try D300 with as you are and follow with D302 on a finihing pad (microfiber or foam).
      Then apply your protection product of choice.

Make sure that you fully prime microfiber pads when before using them.
      Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System with Jason Rose and Mike Stoops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyHHto0FtHg

Comment

When you say "the finishing wax", do you mean the D301 polishing/wax combination?
        About for years ago they added D302 DA Microfiber Poliah to the Meguiar's DA Microfiber System. This is a polishing compound without the wax.
        You might try D300 with as you are and follow with D302 on a finishing pad (microfiber or foam).
        Then apply your protection product of choice.

Make sure that you fully prime microfiber pads when before using them.
        Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System with Jason Rose and Mike Stoops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyHHto0FtHg

Looks like software duplicated post during edit transaction.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');